Friday, June 6

All by myself!

JT stands all by his self now!! Granted it's only for about 5 to 10 seconds, but he does it! The first time was yesterday morning. I was sitting on the floor with my legs stretched out flat in front of me. JT crawled over, pulled himself into a bent-over-at-the-waist position, and was holding onto my shins for balance. This was no shock because he'll hang on to things while he's standing and bend over to pick up a toy then stand right back up. The shocker was when he just stood up from that position with out hanging onto anything and then just stood there with his little hands clasped together, looking at me like "what the heck am I doing, mommy?". I just stared at him in shock and then I realized he was standing so I got excited and said "oh, my gosh you're standing!!" and it startled him so he fell back on to his tush. The best part.....I GOT TO SEE IT!!

With all the new milestones happening back to back around here I've decided that it's feast or famine when it comes to him learning new things. Maybe he'll learn how to walk and ride a bike in the same week! Hey, you may scoff at that now, but you never know. As JT's Aunt Tammy would say..."he's advanced".

Here's a few cute pictures...

His sit-n-read chair, of course he refuses to sit on it for too long. He likes to stand in front of it dancing and talking to the chair
BUSTED!! Snapped this one as I was coming in the room after he got up from his nap! It's like the minute he wakes up he remembers he can pull himself up. I can hear him waking up and in less than 2 minutes later I'll go in there and he's standing up, bouncing on the mattress and just smiling the biggest smile.

Look at that red hair coming in!!
This one was just too adorable not to post. He stands next to the tub, impatiently I might add, while daddy gets his bath ready. LOVES taking a bath!

4 comments:

Chris Freeland said...

Sure glad he picks up on stuff a lot more quickly than his mom.

That tushy picture is going to come back to haunt him in about 18 years when he brings a little girl home for mom and dad to meet.

Moody Family said...

What a big boy! You really have your hands full now...how fun. tell Travis and JT hi for us.

Brenda Liniger said...

What a cute little tush he has!!

The Edwards Family said...

What a cutie pie! I can't believe how quick he is growing up. You guys have such a nice family. I always look forward to reading your blog.