Monday, June 9

Does it count?

OK, I'm a little reluctant to type this, but I "think" it really happened, so here goes.....JT took his first steps this morning!!! The reason I'm a little leery is 1) Daddy missed yet another "first" and 2) I'm not sure what the first steps look like. 

Here's how it went down. I went up to my former hang out during the 40 hr work week, aka McKinney Church where I worked :-), to drop off some left over cupcakes we had from a birthday party and to make some copies. (Hey, I figured the cupcakes were payment for the copies, right!?) Anyway, JT's friend Chris (he used to be friends with Travis and I but since JT was born he and his wife Kari always brush right past us and go straight for JT. So we call them JT's friend's now :-) So Chris was playing with him while I made the copies and was just dying to see him walk...on his own of course. I really didn't think JT was ready for it, but Chris was determined to get to see the "first". So he held on to JT's little hands, JT started walking towards me and then Chris let go. JT took about 2 or 3 steps before he started stumbling forward into my arms. I was in shock, really! I think Chris could read it on my face because he kept saying..."he did it, I know you want to call it! He totally walked and I got to see it!" Technically I guess he did take his first steps, but since I have no idea what the first steps are suppose to look like, I just don't know. Plus I wanted Travis to see it!! 

When we left I called Travis to tell him, thinking that he would be bummed, but his reaction was the exact opposite and was even more excited that Chris got to see it too! So I guess we're going to call it.....JT took his first steps today and Chris Freeland got to see it!! (honestly, if Travis would've been bummed I wouldn't had admitted that he did it...hey, can't give Chris that edge, ya know?!)


3 comments:

Chris Freeland said...

Boo-ya.

Kiss it Paul and Susan.

And Crissy, there's no reason to be hesitant. That boy was walkin', no doubt about it.

Moody Family said...

Congrats to the little man on the move!!! WOOOO!!!!HOOOO!!!!! That is a big moment... and I have to say, if I were you, I would just be happy someone else was there to witness it...with our big man everyone had to just take my word for it. Colin missed all of the big firsts, but he has been there while Jason perfected his new tricks. That is the best part anyway. Congrats again and don't forget to post video.

Brenda Liniger said...

Oh for Chris to see it I am sure that was craziness within itself,,,we are going to have some much fun with the paybacks for him!