He speaks! Well just a few words, but dog was officially added last night to the list. We went over to Casen's house last night to drop off another baby necessity. Casen's mommy & daddy have the cutest beagle, Sutton. She is little, friendly (unlike our beagle/sheltie mix) and so very gentle with little people. JT was loving her! He was chasing her around the house (as fast as his two little feet would let him) and kept point at her going....dog....dog. I have to say that Chris and Kari Freeland had to point it out to us that he was saying "dog", sometimes I think Travis and I are so oblivious.
He usually babbles a lot so when he was saying "dog" we just figured it was more babble. Then when we got home and started reading bedtime stories we realized that he really was saying dog and he really knew it was one. How, because we don't call Copper "dog"? REVELATION! Jackson has this obsession right now with a dog book we got him and in it is pictures of real dogs and phrases that say...good dog, bad dog, neat dog, sloppy dog...basically pictures and the word dog over and over. Duh! He learned it from the book! It just shocked Travis and I at how early babies learn things. Even at 10 months he has learned what a dog is, how to say it and even recognizes one when he sees it. I think it is such a bonus that Jackson LOVES to read books. In the morning that is the first thing he wants to do after I get him out of the crib...walks over the bookshelf and starts flipping through his books....usually his dog book. :-)
A Different Kind of Love Story….
7 months ago
2 comments:
Guess you're going to have to stop saying #@#% all the time...
Smart kid!! Start reading him the dictionary before you know it, he'll be saying things like otolaryngology and onomatopoeia!
Post a Comment