Wednesday, December 3

What's new?

We've had a very busy few weeks. First all Crissy's grandparents came from Wyoming to visit us for Thanksgiving. It was AWESOME having them here. I (Crissy) was able to run errands, get my hair done and even go to a movie on Thanksgiving with Travis....all with out having to arrange for or better yet, pay for a babysitter. If you are one of the many parents of young kids that has family in the same town as you, count your blessings and call and thank your family for their help. A girl sure could get used to having that convenience. On the other hand I'm very very very grateful for all the great friends that I have here that I know would watch JT in a second if I called them. The only problem is they have small babies too, so I have to take JT to them....not complaining, it's just convenient to have the babysitter at my house, ya know.

Jackson wanted to take grandma & grandpa (or as JT calls them "MeMe & Babo") to the zoo and show them some of his favorite animals. My grandpa loves zoos and my grandma loves being with her grandkids, so they were up for any fun I planned. Here's some great pictures...

Feeding time at the zoo....this was a goat at the petting zoo in the Texas Wild portion of the zoo. The Ft Worth Zoo is huge and this is just a small section of it. Jackson loved being able to get that close to the animals
I'm so cute and adorable I can get the ol folks to climb in and out of an old coach wagon with me
This way MeMe and Babo....follow me I know where we're going
Me and mommy
On the other side of this fence is the horses....my new favorite animal. I know how to make the sign and when someone asks me what a horse says, I say..."eeeeeee"
Instead of the stroller we borrowed this car from my friend Jenny.....he LOVES this thing and will ride in it forever
Riding the Yellow Rose train back to the front of the zoo. It was a long day and I had wore the ol folks out, so we rode the train back
Waiting for Babo to finish putting on his walking shoes so we could go for a drive in my car down the street. My que to the ol folks that I want to drive my car is sit in it and whine and they come a runnin.....a kid could get used to this
Um....it ain't gonna push it's self ya'll

The day after Thanksgiving the grandparents headed back to Wyoming and we started getting the Christmas decorations out. We got the inside decked out on Friday and then Saturday Travis and Jackson put up the outside lights. When Sunday rolled around we were ready for our fun filled one night family vacation to the Great Wolf Lodge! If you have never heard of the Great Wolf Lodge then you need to go the website and check it out. It is a kid focused resort with a GINORMOUS indoor waterpark. The baby pool is the size of our house and it's got 3 slides just in it alone with a beach entry, plus a huge wave pool, lazy river, splash fun house for bigger kids, agility course and 5 HUGE water slides for the biggest kids...aka the parents. Let's just say that the mommy and daddy had just as much fun as Jackson
Jackson pointing to the HUGE Christmas tree in the lobby of the hotel. That thing had to be about 60 feet tall and beautiful
This picture doesn't even do it justice. You can see the water fun house and little of one of the slides to the left, but this was only about a 1/4 of it. These windows over look the water park from the lobby where you check in....great tactic to get the kids all excited and ready to go
Splashin in the wave pool before the waves came. Right before the waves start rolling out you'll hear a wolf howl out....Jackson thought that was awesome.
Jumpin a wave with daddy. The beach entry made it feel like you were really at the beach and the water was so warm as well as the air temperature
This was on Sunday night, because of all the windows in there it was a little darker than during the day, which made the pictures dark. 
After swimming for a few hours we went and changed and then headed back to the lobby to meet Santa. Jackson was very interested in looking at him but not actually touching him. He also wouldn't take his eyes off of him....it's a trust thing, I struggle with the same thing :-)

Our friends Brooke, Ben and their son Abram went with us. It was great having some other adults there to watch Jackson so Travis and I could go down the big slides, which by the way were so cool. Ben is our friend that just returned from serving in Iraq. It was fun to get to hang out with him and Brooke. Abram is 2 even though he looks like he's 3 or 4....I call him "tank"
Playing on the stairs...so much fun!
Every night they have an interactive story time at the clock in the huge lobby. Here's JT and daddy watching the show
There was some songs involved so of course JT had to jump up and dance....that kid loves music
Back home again. I went to go check on him and he was sitting in his room reading a book. I love that he has a love for books so early. He will run to his room and bring a book out to you for you to read to him....it's so cute

1 comment:

Moody Family said...

Very cute... Looks like it was a blast. Nothing better than a fun get away. Happy Holidays!!! Can't wait for Christmas.