Tuesday, January 6

Am I really that excited?!

Oh, you bet I am! After 9 years of marriage Travis and I are going to make the big purchase.....a new washer and dyer!!! I can not wait to go pick up these beautiful factory crafted pieces of metal luxury up on Saturday morning! It will be the best Saturday of the year so far......

Let me just say that I am very grateful for the FREE, yes FREE washer and dryer that we have right now. I think the washer is about 25 years old and sounds like a jet starting and shutting down during the spin cycle and our dryer is probably only about 10 years old and takes about 15 years to dry anything, but these two crazy mis-matched machines have been a huge blessing and a nice long break from the laundry mats I frequented before they came into our lives 4 years ago. BUT last night as I was folding and putting away more laundry that was supposedly clean, but looked as if I had just taken them straight out of the dirty clothes hamper and was folding them to be put away, I became very frustrated that our clothes never get clean, stains get set in and it will take forever to dry clothes. So my very sweet and giving husband said.."well find the ones you want and we'll get a new set, this weekend" The weird part is that I am excited about it.....me, Crissy, excited about a new washer and dryer....who would've thunk it?! Oh and rest assure I will be posting a new picture of the twins when they come home on Saturday.

Well I'm off to wake the baby, which is breaking my #1 rule in this house...NEVER WAKE A SLEEPING BABY, because we have a meeting this morning and then tomorrow it's back to our normal schedule.

Have a great day!


2 comments:

Robin said...

Hey... you're totally allowed to be excited over the two new members of the family! I know I was thoroughly stoked when we got ours! Congratulations! :)

Moody Family said...

BE EXCITED!!! When you have to wash piles and piles of clothes every day, it is a necessary purchase. Congrats.