Sunday, March 8

What's the difference I can do?

My last post was about how worried I was for JT's generation. For what the American $ may be worth to them and for how they would pay for all we have messed up. 

Well this morning I stand corrected....I'm not going to worry about such things for him. These are inevitable....the chapter of Revelations in the Bible clearly describes these events will happen in order for Christ to return to the earth. I'm going to focus on sharing the great news of Jesus Christ with JT, praying that he will accept this truth and the salvation that comes only through accepting Jesus Christ (John 14:6), and that this will happen at a very young age. Then teaching him that our happiness and peace are not in the economy, our possessions or even our circumstances, better yet our Joy is from within, knowing that all is this world is temporary and one day we will be delivered from this mess that our sin finds us in. It is true that JT's generation will inherit the sins that we have knowingly or un-knowingly committed, but it is also MORE TRUE that he has an inheritance far greater than what I can leave him in my checking account....an inheritance of eternal life with his creator, God our Father in Heaven. 

 That is what I'm going to focus on to make a difference for JT's life. Mother's are the single most important teacher in a child's life......I was reminded of that this morning. We teach them to eat with a fork, to use manners, to use a potty instead of a diaper, to talk, to walk....yet I under-estimate the most important task I have at hand......as a follower of Christ I HAVE to teach him about Jesus, it's more important than anything else, otherwise he'll wake up every morning in a state of panic because of what this world will bring.




No comments: