Wednesday, June 3

Ah, ha!

Toddlers are the pickiest eaters around, and since I myself am a picky eater....well let's just say it takes one to know one, right!? It was a glorious moment when I discovered I could get more veggies down JT with out having to puree them and sneak em in.

So lately I've discovered that yes, JT will eat broccoli and cauliflower, if it is roasted. I tried every seasoning north of the equator to add flavor to the steamed kind and he just wasn't having it. So when I stumbled across a Rachel Ray show where she was roasting broccoli and she had said that it was the best because it comes out with a nutty flavor and it's so crunchy. Well, by jiggers, I tried it and now it's a huge hit with both Kinley boys. T-rav was all over it and actually said that he would eat broccoli a lot more if it were cooked that way. Ah, ha! I found the secret....they like their veggies crunchy as if they were raw but with some flavor cooked in. Oh these boys are going to kill me when it comes to food! I'm pretty confident that T-rav doesn't read this blog a whole lot so I can safely say that my 007 chicken nuggets, which are coated in pureed cauliflower before the bread crumbs, are one of his favorites and he thinks that I've re-invented the homemade chicken nuggets. ha! ha! No, it's just all about the seasonings, so here's my props out to Obq BBQ seasoning and Tony Latchery's creole seasoning, helping grown men eat more pureed veggies than they would have ever known. 

In other news to report....our chigger bites have taken a turn for the worse and are infected now. The Rx is a slow go, but JT's are making progress so hopefully in another week or two they'll be gone. Man do they ich!!!!



dipping his nuggets into the ketchup - this was the 1st time I've ever given him ketchup and now he loves it. He would probably eat 30 packets of ketchup for lunch if I would let him.



Smiling for the camera...that doesn't happen often anymore, usually he runs from it!



1 comment:

Moody Family said...

That is how Jake eats his veggies. I roast everything or bbq it. Garlic is our fail safe flavor. Jason loves all veggies so trying to find ways to get the youngest rugrat to eat what is good for him has been a challenge. Good luck with the chigger bites.