Thursday, August 6

Too much comminication

Sometimes I feel so un-lucky that JT can communicate with me so well because even thought I love to hear what he's thinking at any given minute, I have to hear what he's think at any given minute. I swear there's not a quiet thought in that kids head! I figured out the other day that he has gotten wise to me pretending like I don't understand what he's asking for so he tells me "mommy listen to Jackson!" and then asks again. I about died laughing when he said it so of course if it makes mommy laugh then he's going to do it again and again.

This morning was another first. I was going out front to do something and JT came running after me yelling "wait for me!". That's the first time he hasn't talked about himself in 3rd person, usually I would hear "wait for Jackson!". I think it's coming from Travis teaching him to say "excuse me" instead of "excuse you", which kind of makes me sad because I love when he comes up to me and says, "mommy, hold you" which I think he'll start asking me soon "mommy, hold me".

His favorite things to do nowadays are play with his trains, trucks and wrestle with his stuffed animals. He's also learned how to hide behind the couch pillows. It's so cute! He'll get himself behind there and yell "mommy, find you!".

He's learned all the basic colors including pink, purple, black and brown. Counting has gone a little the other way now that he loves the number twenty. He used to count to 13 then jumble a few up and say twenty, but now he'll only count to 8 or 9 and then say 20 with a huge smile on his face. When we are in the car he'll ask to hear his "favorite song" over and over again. It's a rockin tune from VBS and he'll play air guitar right along with it. He's a rocker through and through!


His horsey backpack or as he says "horsey packpack". He loves packing it on his back now!

2 comments:

Robin said...

He's just too cute! It's so crazy so see all these "babies" talking now!

Moody Family said...

Thats a crack... Our kiddos have both fixated on numbers... no fun. Colin always says that children have no sense of volume. There is only one setting.. LOUD!!! I think he is right. Thanks for sharing the stories...