Thursday, October 22

A baby named Mater

Apparently Cars is our favorite movie and Jackson would like to leave a legacy for this stage he's in right now. Let me explain the situation a little more....JT loves to wrestle and loves it even more when he can jump on you. Well for obvious reasons that had to stop with mommy a few months ago (which I hate cause I love to wrestle too). I would tell him no, can't jump on mommy because there's a baby in my belly and it hurts when you jump on it. Being the little copy cat that he is and only after hearing that a few times he still lifts his shirt and tells me that he has a baby in his belly too. He also watched his favorite lady in the world get bigger with a belly this summer and then suddenly have this tiny baby in her arms (Miss Bekah). I don't know if he's made the connection but when he asks to see them he includes baby Jackie in the game of Name-your-favorite-Elizalde. Ok so moving on......I told him that we were going to give the baby in mommy's belly a name and asked him if he wanted to help. Stay with me cause it gets cute at this point.....He kind of looked around for a minute and I wasn't sure if he really knew what I was asking him. He lifted up his shirt, pointed at his belly and said "baby". I replied, yes that's Jackson's baby. Do you want to name your baby too?. He still was looking around, kind of processing it, then he walked over to me, lifted my shirt up, pointed at my bulge and said "baby Mater?" At first I was confused but then I asked him "what was that?" (which by the way he's like his mommy and DOES NOT like to repeat himself) so he yelled and jammed his finger into my tummy saying "BABY MATER!" To defuse his frustration at my lack of listening skills I calmly replied..."OK we'll name the baby Mater". He smiled with a huge smile and trotted off.

I'm hoping that he'll forget this little conversation because he can be pretty intense at wanting his way at times and I just won't ever be able to fully explain to this little boy that he was named Mater because his strong willed brother had a true fiery love for the movie Cars. Maybe we'll give him the nickname Mater. I know Jackson gave him that name in love because Mater is his absolute favorite in that movie.

A word about potty training.....we are on a 2 week countdown and we'll be testing the potty training waters over here at the Kinley house. I fear this more than giving birth ;-).

Another note....our house is back on the market. We have a awesome realtor this time, we both feel completely at peace with it and are excited to see where God will have us end up. Course we can't agree on anything concerning a new house, so that will be a test of our marriage once again ;-)

2 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Liam, who isn't all that strong willed gave Heagan her name. We had decided on Riley, but he said, "I'm just going to call her Heagan."

So, Mater it is! HAHA! I think it's really cute!

Cars was our favorite flick for over a year. We've moved on to many others since then, but I'll forever remember the days of Liam playing with his cars movie toys right along side the TV. Enjoy these next few months with Jackson. You'll miss the one on one time when it's gone.

Robin said...

Mater Kinley. It has a nice ring to it :)