Thursday, October 8

Boy, oh boy!

We're having another boy! To tell you the truth I was shocked and a little sad. I wanted a girl so bad, or so I thought I did. But as it starts to sink in that this house will be full of testosterone, very high grocery bills and lots of hunting and sports equipment I've come to full terms with it and am very excited about the notion. The boys will get to share a room which will make the bunk beds we bought so worth it. They get to be all boy and into trouble together. My brother and I played well together but we had to take turns because if not lil sis was stuck playing cops and robbers and there would be no Barbie action to be had. I do look back and remember that after the age of 8 we didn't play together THAT much so I guess the 2 boy thing will be great for keeping each other entertained and having someone to play with. I'm truly ok with it now, and am looking forward to see another little boy pee in our pool for the fun of it!

Travis so sweetly tried to cheer me up yesterday after the sono. He reminded me that he feel in love with me because I'm a "guys girl". I like to hunt, fish, clean what I kill, boat, camp, water ski, wrestle and even take cheap shots, I find most things he does hilarious, I don't whine when I'm dirty and I never take longer than 30 mins to get ready. (I think that was the list he presented, maybe there was more?) So his point was that I was made for boys and that is why God is giving us what we need and not want I want. At the time I didn't think it was sweet what he said it, but now as I process I think it was a VERY kind attempt to get me happy about another boy.

We don't have a boy name picked, I was so set on this being a little Jenny that I refused to even consider a boy name. But we have 6 more months to pick so times-not-a-wastin for sure!

If y'all could continue to pray for the health of this baby and for me I would appreciate.
"For where two or three are come together in my name, there am I among them" Matt 18:20




1 comment:

The Macha Family said...

Crissy - I know you will love having two boys. So far I love having the same gender b/c they get to share so much and I think they will be great friends.