Saturday, December 12

In a Holding a Pattern


We are currently in a holding pattern with our housing situation. We closed on our 1st house last week and STILL haven't found "the one" yet. A shout out to our good friends the Herther's for letting us rent one of their houses here in Ft Worth, which by the way is on the market just in case you are looking to buy at 3/2/2 in the Wedgwood area, it's pretty nice and very roomy. So while we continue to scour the internet for new listings and reduced prices on houses we are patiently waiting for our house to be found....Lord please bring it to us before baby Jimmy gets here!

So we spent November packing, giving things away and getting ready for our family to come for a visit from Wyoming for Thanksgiving. Gramie and Papa came to see us along with Travis's sister Tammy, her husband Terry and our niece Sarah. It was a great time and we are so thankful that they love us enough to travel 18+ hours to see us. While they were here we did our annual Sunday-after-Thanksgiving-trip-to-the-Great-Wolf-Lodge. Jackson had even more fun than last year and is still talking about the huge water bucket.....we will definetely be making that a yearly Kinley tradition, especially with 2 boys!

Here's a bunch of pics, because those are so much more fun to look at than read my ramblings...


Helping daddy carve my 1st pumpkin!


Seeing it all lit up on the porch.....he was more interested in making sure the cap was on the pumpkin


I think this is the thing he will miss the most about our neighbors on Saldana...their trampoline


Look at that face! So funny


We didn't intend on going trick-or-treating but when our neighbors came by our house 1st to get some loot while we were eating dinner, Jackson wanted to be apart of the fun too. So I took him down the street with them in his regular clothes. It was so cute! Here he is taking full advantage of the offer Mrs Thompson had of letting him "grab what he wants"


After he discovered the pure sweetness and joy that is "candy" he was diving in the bowl we had for the trick-or-treaters. I was hoping to put it off one more year, but what they hey! Getting him to sleep that night was tricky but once the sugar high crashed he rode it right into a good nights sleep, ha! ha!


I realized that I didn't take any pictures between Halloween and when Travis's family came on the 26th....who does that?! Anyway this was him out our back window shoveling up leaves while all the rest of the family was playing on the slide. Such a work-a-holic!


He's so stinkin cute!!


Travis's family downtown at the Christmas parade.



Jackson watching the parade with his Gramie....now you can see exactly where he gets his hair color, no she doesn't dye it, and if I had a picture of them looking at the camera you would see where Jackson gets his sky blue eyes from....it's his Gramie!



Travis with our niece Sarah and Jackson at the parade


Still at the parade....I think that thing was at least an hour long....not good for a gal who's not so much a fan of the parade business....that would be me!


At the zoo with daddy, one of the many attractions we did while the family was visiting.


Jackson showing Sarah the peguins



With his Gramie....little boys have a special place for the women in their life who love them. He always talks about all his grandma's.....4 of them that he knows pretty well, what a blessed little boy!


waiting in line to ride the carousal at the zoo


riding with daddy!


showing Sarah the cool places to play at the zoo


Jackson and Sarah



testing the waters at the Great Wolf Lodge....I couldn't hardly get him to hold still so I could snap a picture


That serious face...he was working on squirting people with the toy jet ski


Trying to get a picture of a little boy in a water park....impossible. I think Travis had a death grip on him here


Sarah coming down the slide backwards


She is a water baby and I'm so proud of her swimming skills at such a young age. She'll be 4 next week, but swims AWESOME already! Too bad she couldn't of come and visited us when we had the pool at our house



FINALLY...I caught a smiley face with the camera before he ran off


Organizing the "boats" in the wave pool


Watching the Huge water bucket in the splash zone while enjoying a buffet of kid loving food


In the lazy river with mommy, although it was more rapid than lazy if you ask me. He was mad because I was stopping to let daddy take our pic


The next morning swimming again till we had to check out. The kids splashing Travis in the toddler play area....this is only 1/2 of it!!!


He found a rack with life jackets on it and wanted one on. I think from having to wear one on the boat all the time he thinks they are cool to have now. Plus in the summer we jump off the boat in the middle of the lake and float around a bit, so he's used to the freedom a life jacket can provide for a little guy


Swimming for a basket ball. He loved not having to be held on to in the big kid water sports area where the water was too deep for him to walk in


Taking on some of the agility course....such a dare devil


Snow, yes snow in Ft Worth. It happens only once or twice a year and this year it came about a month early on December 2. It was so nice to see out our windows. I love it when it snows, it's the cold and wind that I like to live with out


It was even sticking to the grass



At the Christmas tree lot with daddy to get our 1st real tree in 9 years.


Running thru the trees at the lot....he was in heaven, such an outdoor boy. Check out those gloves....yes he has gloves that fit him perfectly but insists on wearing daddy's.



sizing up a tree



No, this isn't even close to the price we paid for our tree, but I couldn't believe the price of these so I had to take a pic. I have to admit they were VERY impressive trees and they felt like silk when you touched them


In the back of the truck waiting for daddy to load up our tree


Helping daddy with the lights


Not too many pics with mommy since I'm usually the one running the camera, so I'll take what I can get.


Stealing a smooch from him


Giving mommy BIG hugs....he'll squeeze your head off if you let him. When he finally gives loves he gives them with all his strength....I love that about him!


His favorite game...jumping off the couch onto his pile of pillows

No comments: