Thursday, January 14

Ignorance is bliss

I have only "heard" about Haiti thru quick news casts on the radio. I don't normally watch the news because it's only doom and gloom and I know good things are happening out there so I choose to focus on that. So I have been able to stay ignorant of the details from the earthquake that happened in Haiti, until tonight when I saw pictures and read a news detail report. Now my heart is breaking for these people. The children who have lost parents, the parents who have lost children and the mass chaos with little to no hope for these people. I know that help is on the way and will be still coming, but the thought of a 2 year old wandering the street with nothing to eat or drink and confused because their mommy was just smashed under a car.....it makes me sick to think of my Jackson in that same situation.

Why would God allow this? Does He not love Haiti? Does He love me more because He allowed me to be born in the USA? As we get closer to signing the docs for this new house which is beyond comprehension of luxury for a Haitian, I start to feel more and more guilty for all the opportunities that I've been giving by being born here and not there. Here we have the ability to work hard, save aggressively but most of all we can give generously, there, that's not an option with such a corrupt government. Travis and I are praying hard for what we could give to help this nation that is stricken with grief. I know that God does not love the US more, He is a just God and will judge the nations. Haiti is a known country for voodoo and occults, our own church has a missionary family living there (his status I do not know as of yet, but am praying he is safe) within the spiritually dark place. I know that God's goodness and love for the Haitians it shinning through with messages of hope from the help that is coming. There will be believers among those bringing aid and I know that they will be sharing with these grief stricken people the one true message of hope and that is Jesus Christ. I pray that this horrible disaster will turn this pagan country into a beacon of light that shines in the Caribbean for Jesus Christ.

If you are interested and are able to give, Compassion International is a WONDERFUL organization that has and is on the ground in Haiti. The organization helps poverty stricken children in the name of Jesus Christ. Click here to find out more and to donate if possible.

My God bless the hurting people of Haiti.

No comments: