We've been really busy enjoying the last few days as a family of 3 because if Baby Calvin doesn't arrive on his own by Thursday, April 8 then we will be going to the hospital around 5:30 am for a scheduled repeat cesarean section at 7:30 am. As everyone knows, I am not a fan of this, but putting the baby at risk is also not my 1st choice, so I will "buck up" and accept that this is the way God intended for Calvin to come. Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths"
Here's some great pictures from the past month:
He loves holding an umbrella and stomping in the puddles with his rain boots
My thoughtful friends threw me a baby shower, despite my ungratefulness in having one. I'm having another boy and just didn't see the reason for it, but they still did it and after getting some things that were too adorable to pass up I'm glad they did. This is the diaper cake that my friend Julia made.


They also indulged me in my new hobby....cloth diapering. These ain't your mama's cloth diapers let me tell ya! Much more convenient, a little nicer to the environment and in the long run will save us a whole lotta $$$$$. Hello Mexico-that's my goal, to save enough in diapers to feel like we earned a free trip to Mexico from my labor of cloth diapering for our anniversary next year.

One of my good friends Tia got me a few of these burp cloths with Calvin's name on them...it was the 1st time I had seen his name written on something other than my blog. Plus I never had anything monogrammed with Jackson's name on it, so it was super special to get these

Oh and my little blue eyed tasmanian angel. He's a workaholic for sure! See that wood stack behind him....he did that! Daddy was cutting up some of this brush pile and would toss the bigger pieces out, so then Jackson would run around picking them up and stacking them. He's extremely helpful and willing when it comes to working out side....which is actually a blessing. I bought him a pair of little work gloves that fit his hands and you would've thought I'd bought him a pound of candy. Yesterday he was out driving his little John Deere Gator around the yard picking up little limbs and stacking them in the back of the Gator....yes, he thinks that is fun times
Driving his Gator up the road to feed our neighbors horses
You'll notice in this video the horrible stutter that he's developed the past few weeks and it's really bad when he's excited. I talked with one of my friends that's a speech pathologist and she said that it is COMPLETELY normal for 2 year olds to do this and that I should not draw attention to it in any way. He doesn't get frustrated or anything, but I sure do feel sorry for him sometimes cause he was such a great communicator before. He'll grow out of it, I'm sure of it.
Travis says that he looks like Sanford and Sons going down the road. He refuses to let the back of that thing be empty so when he's not using it to haul branches or limbs he's got all sorts of random junk back there. Here's his dump truck, lawn mower and a few blocks of wood you can't see.

Our Sunday School class does an Easter Egg hunt together every year and since our weather was so crazy the weekend we did it (it snowed, again, in Ft Worth....augh) we had to have it inside. Here's Jackson getting excited to hunt down his eggs.


I have no idea what he was doing to his daddy, but once Travis laid down all the kids ambushed him....It was pretty funny!
On the hunt...it took him a few minutes to figure out what to do, but after that it was on! He's a little competitive
All the hunters! It was a small crowd this year because of the weather (we did it outside last year) but I kind of preferred it that way

His little pre-school had Super Chapel last week, so daddy & I got to go and watch him at his finest. The kid loves music and loves to be a little monster 2 year old when Mommy and daddy are there :-) Here he is with his friend Benjamin getting ready to jump during a certain part of his favorite song.
Olivia, JT's friend from church/school. I'm friend with Olivia's mom, Carly, and apparently the only way they can get Olivia to go to sleep at night sometimes is to tell her that she'll get to see JT at school tomorrow. She loves following him around and laughing at everything he does. I think he's going to have to marry a personality like hers, because a take-charge-kind-of-girl would equal disaster with JT's personality

Praying at the end of chapel. I secretly love that he doesn't just go with the flow. He's very inquisitive and usually wants to know why things are happening. I have the same personality and am glad that he will search and find instead of just going with the crowd because everyone else is. I pray his walk with Christ will be the same way, digging for answers in God's word for why he believes what he does and not just going with the flow.
Last Saturday was finally BEAUTIFUL here so we went fishing together one last time. Jackson does an excellent job driving this year (I think learning on his Gator has helped a lot) he doesn't jerk the wheel now and Travis can actually get up and fish off the back while we troll. Course he still has a hard time dodging other boats but if you tell him "head that way" he'll get us turned and going in the right direction.




No comments:
Post a Comment