Tuesday, April 27

Random

Jackson was a huge help for me today. I'm so thankful that he loves to be a big helper...definelty his love language, Acts of Service. I would ask him to get me things if I was feeding Calvin or just in pain from getting up and down, and he would do it immediately with a huge smile on his face...I could learn a thing or two from my 2 yr old.

He's stil in love with ketchup and insists in dipping everything in it...makes me sick thinking about it.

Calvin is so sweet and patient. He's hungry, but will wait an extra 15 mins till I get to him. My boys are teaching me alot this week. I'm so grateful that God uses their sweet innosence to show me His love.

I took the surgical tape off my incision tonight and am hoping that it will start to feel better with out the pulling it was causing...ouch!

I went to get dressed...ya right, who am I kidding? Getting dressed is only for when I HAVE to at this point. So I was changing my shirt this am and came back to the living room to observe the most precious sight I've ever seen. Jackson sitting on the floor next to Calvin in the bouncy seat and as he sat there he was singing "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus" to Calvin. I seriously stood there frozen in disbelief that something so precious could be happening in my house. Travis sings it every night to Jackson at bedtime and it clearly has been written on his heart now. I can see now why God gave us Jackson first.

I found this today and it made my heart at rest....
"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song" (Psalm 28:7, NIV).

I may have a plethora of deficiencies and aches and pains, but I can still sing for joy in His strength.

I will always have some hurt because God created me that way. Why? So that I would learn to depend on Him  "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.'"

I found more strength today than in the past 30 years...thank you for praying for us!



No comments: