Wednesday, August 11

Keeping up..

These thoughts will all be random as is the way I think these days. I sometimes don't have time to even go to the bathroom without some adorable little blondie yelling "mom, where are you?" or a little red-head squealing for my attention. I love that they want me all the time because I am fully aware that we are on a countdown till they leave.

I feel that that's the whole purpose of parenting..... to nurture, train and direct so that they can go out on their own and be fully functional adults. I get that. I also know that with being the mom of 2 boys comes it's own set of responsibilities and pit falls. I know that lust will enter their loins sooner that I would like to think, which means that I have to be careful about even the catalogs that I get here at our house so as not to make them stumble and fall by my own carelessness of not valuing the female and all God created her to be....seriously, does Victoria Secret really have any secrets at this point?



We took Calvin to the Pediatrician last week because he had had diarrhea for 17 days.....poor kid! So while we were there they did a full check and found an ear infection...at 3 months!! yikes! He figured the diarrhea was from the extra fluid from the ear infection but wanted to have this checked just in case. Let me tell ya, you haven't lived until you've watched your husband gag from having to scoop your son's poop with a stick out of his diaper into a tube. What a big baby! Seriously, it's just breast milk poo, which by the way DOES NOT stink and if you ask me is the purest form of poo you can get (can ya tell poo doesn't bother me?! now vomit....blah! no thanks). So after collecting 3 vials, yes THREE...we dropped it off at the lab and the results were negative. Ok, that's great, but why is it still happening? We went back this past Monday for his regular scheduled 4 month check up (do I have a 4 month old already?!) and after some discussion and checking the ear infection on the right is gone, but the left is gearing up for one. Dang! It's obvious by the amount of congestion Calvin normally has that he is dealing with allergies (North TX is horrible for allergies!) and that is causing all the extra fluid and diarrhea. I like this new Doc cause he's more of a naturalist and when I told him about taking big brother JT to the acupressure Doc to get his allergies treated (which by the way his allergies to trees, dogs and grass is near minimal now! Cokey? Yes, but it works!) So we are trying a drug for 10 days on Calvin that has next to zero side effects to see if it will clear up the excess fluid and help alleviate the continuous ear infections we clearly have going on. He did say that if I didn't breastfeed these boys that "they probably would have worse allergies, so try and keep that up." Oh I hate when the pressure is on! I think we'll make an appt with the Pediatric Acupressure gal here very soon. So at the 4 month check up Calvin weighed in at 15 lbs 4 oz 26 inches long. This is more for my long term knowledge than for yours, I guess.

Calvin has some of his 1st and that means that they are mommy's last 1st's....so sad! He had some yogurt last week to help put some of that good bacteria back in his bowels and this week he ate some of mommy's butternut squash. He loves food and kept lunging toward my hand when I would take it to his mouth. So funny! I think he also learned how to make a car sound with his lips from his big brother.

When we were at the Dr getting his check up Jackson slipped off the chair and smacked his head on the edge of it..ouch! I took Jackson in my arms to comfort him and the nice Dr took Calvin to finish checking him all out. Well as Jackson was crying about his head the Dr told me that he noticed Calvin showing concern in his face for his big brother and looking over at him anxiously. awwww!

Calvin's hair is starting to grow in thicker. On the top it is really red and the sides are light blond....it makes him look like he has a mow hawk...hilarious! He plays more in his exersauser thingy that helps him work on standing up, which is one of his favorite things to do. He's getting better at walking when you hold on to him too....he started taking those steps when you held him up at 2 1/2 months. I personally like walkers better than crawlers...the thought of their hands being all over the dirty floor....ewww!

Mommy is coming out of I-just-had-a-baby-so-what-ever-I-can-throw-on-will-work stage and decided to put in the effort and were a pair of wedges with my dress the other day. Jackson is great about not only noticing new things but giving compliments. He looked over at me and said "I like your shoes mommy, I like those little shoes you have on!" T-rav was there to hear it and after saying thank you to my sweet little boy I looked at his daddy, who just rolled his eyes and smiled.





No comments: