Friday, August 27

You can thank Brenda & Lori for making this post happen

These pictures start back over a month ago, because I've had such a hard time getting these to upload. Dumb blogger. Only thanks to Lori and Brenda for sending leaving me comments on how they solved their similar issue are you getting to see just how adorable these two boys are.

Calvin the Week of July 18. He was just starting to reach out for things on it at that time....now he's practically riping them off.

Jackson painting

Wrestling with daddy....Calvin playing referee
Cheap shot!

Sleeping in....hey, it's summer!


Calvin's sleep number is 80, he definitely likes the new 3" topper we just put on the bed and this morning he had opted for the boob out. Yes, we spoil them and I will be the first to tell you that


He loves to stand up and walk now. This was taken in mid July. He was intently watch brother and daddy

Jackson telling daddy something funny


So happy! He loves that bouncy seat


Jackson asked if "little brudder" could rest with him on the couch one afternoon.


Jackson loves when Calvin sits with him in his chair

awww....he loves his little brother. Calvin looks like he's being tortured

He has such a big laugh

Calvin on July 20th

Jackson is such a loaner sometimes. He comes by it naturally tho, T-rav and I are both loaners for the most part, except with each other I guess. Anyway this was taken at a friend's birthday party at this gymnastic center that was about as big as Walmart....check out this foam pit.

Jumping on the trampoline

Group picture of the birthday party that Jackson didn't want to be apart of....yes that's him pouting all the way over at the left.
Loves the cupcakes you get a birthday parties, tho

This pic is from July 31....he's changed so much in a month

He knows how to turn on the hose out front. T-rav was working on the pool equipment and I caught our little explorer playing in this new mud hole he made

Boy: n, a noise with dirt on it.....enough said

Love our new camera!

Calvin's 1st food was yogurt and it was 1 week shy of his 4 month bday, on August 2, which happened to be the same day that I found out I was pregnant a year ago. He had an ear infection and our new Pediatrician suggested that we give him a few spoonfuls of yogurt to help get the good bacteria back in his guts.....he was in shock!! ha! ha!

watching Nemo with daddy during rest time....guess which one was the excited one! I think daddy lives for rest time on the weekends!
Very interested in Nemo during "rest time"

one of Jackson's new favorite toys....building with Lincoln Logs. Daddy was super excited that Jackson's old enough to play with these now

sometimes I can actually get him to nap in his crib! I love the little monkey on his bottom.



on a hot evening in Texas he LOVES LOVES LOVES to run "nudey boy" in the yard while being sprayed with a hose


and mommy loves it even more be the one spraying him with a hose!

Bath time!

That little horse in front of him makes him squeal so loud....it's hilarious!

Going for his 1st real swim....he loved it despite the confused-i'm-bored look on his face


WARNING: Turn away all grandma's, this pic will probably give you a heart attack!


Searching for Sammy's house with his "nanoculars"... he was excited to go to Sammy's 3rd bday party

Miss Bekah told him he could take home 2 balloons from the bday party!


Calvin super excited about being 4 months old today!


This face cracks me up! He won this ridiculously huge sucker at the bday party robot dance competition. Sammy's mom is really creative when it comes to bday parties....so intimidating for me since I follow behind 2 months later with Jackson's bday


Ouch! the goose egg he earned falling off our step stool onto the rock floor. His first face plant on these floors in 6 months....Those are good odds!


Just hanging out in his swing....love how he plays with his feet!


This little guy is a mama's boy! He's a fiery red head too! It amazes me that he wasn't born with ANY eyelashes and now he has these long ones that curl up on their own, just like my brother's (Scott)....what grown woman wouldn't kill for those. His eyes are a deep blue just like daddy's.


No wonder we can't get him out of our bed or his swing. He loves to smash his face into something soft and squishy....like mommy's arm...hmm, maybe if I got in shape he wouldn't want to sleep cuddled up to me anymore. If Babies-R-Us sold a sleep number baby bed that came with a 3" memory foam topper and the optional boob in or boob out...we would be throwing the Benjamin's down to buy it! ha! ha!

Coming in from the back.....he told me he had been bird hunting.

After a fun night, trying to wrangle these 2 into bed with a little book time in mommy and daddy's room....I love these 2 little boys!

Dear Big Brother Jackson:

You and I have bonded so much this summer. You are such a curious little boy and like to see how everything works. You don't like to take my word about most things, but instead want check it out for yourself, I know exactly how you feel because mommy is the same way. You are very helpful with your little brother and everyday you like to tell him that you are going to teach him how to crawl, walk, talk and play with trucks. You take your big brother role seriously and with pride, you will never know how this makes my heart sing with thankfulness as I prayed that you and Calvin would be good friends. Daddy and I talk all the time about how strangely true birth order is and since both of us are the youngest in our family it is so interesting to watch you as "the oldest" and how your were perfectly created for that role.

Your imagination is in full swing. You love playing in the tub for hours with your "scupper divers" and big boat. Being the rescuerer is your favorite role playing character. I will hear you acting out big resucues with your cars as well. Makes me curious about what you choose as a career path when you grow up.

You also love to mimic everything daddy does and you've started to pay close attention to the chores he does around the house and the ones mommy does. I think daddy has also taught you the phrase "man work" because you like to remind me that that is what you and daddy are doing when you are out in the garage. I tried to hang up a picture the other day with a hammer and nail....you kindly told me to put the hammer down, because "durls don't use hammers, mommy, that's man work and you are not a man". Turning into a little bit of a male-shovenist-pig but daddy is one too and I love him, so I guess your wife will one day too. BUT you also love to help mommy cook dinner. You are getting really good at cutting things with your butter knife and little cutting board we got you at the store. Cucumbers, zuchinni, red peppers and other softer veggies are no match for you. You actually are a big help when making dinner and I look forward to you getting better at that.

Daddy makes you help carrying in groceries, it's not your favorite "man work" task but you do it anyway. You love to get the door for mommy and smile a big grin when I tell you that you are turning into quiet the little gentleman.

Your schedule these days looks like this:

-Wake up around 8 or 8:30 (you're not much of a morning person) You come out of your room and usually prefer for mommy to pick you up and quietly hold you on the couch for about 5 mins till you get your wits about you
-You usually want "tanteloupe" for breakfast right away, but then I can talk you into some pancakes or french toast. You're like your daddy and not much of a breakfast eater, but I try to get some food in you so you'll be able to function with out melt downs
-You usually get hungry for some yogurt around 10 or 10:30....it's one of your favorites.
-Playing with legos is #1 for the past few weeks. Sometimes we try and sneak in a morning swim with brother is sleeping
-When I ask you what you want for lunch you will ALWAYS answer "PIZZA!!!" You don't get to eat it every day but it's definetly your favorite and mommy keeps it on hand for when your friends come over to play.
-early afternoons are spent playing some more. Sometimes you'll take a drive around the back of the house in your little truck. Mommy sometimes wishes she could fit in it with you so I could go riding with you like I used to with daddy back in the day, but I realize that just your driving around the yard is just the beggining of your independence. One day you'll just go for drives in your real truck so you can think....mommy used to do that too.
-Book time comes around 2 or so. mommy has you sit in your monkey chair and read your books queitly for about 20 mins, while I read my book as well next to you. And since you are a boy and you have a hard time being still mommy makes you watch Dora or a movie so that your little body will keep up with all your business.
-around 4 I turn off the tv and you jump up ready to go again. You usually will have a granola bar because they are one of your favs
-at 5 we start to make dinner and you sit up on the counter so that you can be my "big helper" and most days you really are a big help.
-we eat dinner together after daddy gets home and then after dinner I lose you to your hero, daddy. I'm ok with that, but sometimes I'm stuck in the house cleaning up dinner and taking care of your brother so I miss the funny things you are telling daddy while outside mowing or working in the garage.
-some nights we all swim together before bed. It's really fun for mommy to have to 2 little boys that love the water.
-bath time is fun for you because you can have brother in there with you and he laughs at everything you do
-you help read books to brother since he goes to bed 30 mins before you do. It's so sweet to have you laying next to mommy as I read the same books to him as I did to you when you were a baby. Then you pray with baby brother and mommy, give him a kiss and mommy too, and are off to read books in your room with daddy. One day soon we will put you both down at the same time but for now I can tell that you like putting brother to sleep.....it makes you feel big.
-8 pm is your bed time and because you stopped napping a month after Calvin was born you usually fall fast asleep, but there are occasions that daddy and I can hear you in there playing by the dim light of your night light.....of course your always rescuing something :-)

You like to play with
-blocks
-trucks
-your bike (which is a motorcycle)
-daddy's matchbox cars that Gramie saved from when he was little
-Lincoln Logs
-puzzles

Your favorite foods are:
-Pizza
-canteloupe
-yogurt
-hotdogs
-tacos
-red bell peppers
-salad (with ranch only)
-turkey sandwich with lettuce

I love you boo boo, and am still in awe that God gave us you!

3 comments:

Mike and Debbie said...

I love all the pictures and the letter to Jackson is so precious. The pictured of Jackson in the foam blocks at the gymnastics party reminded me of the movie "Honey I Shrunk the Kids". Those mush have been some BIG blocks. He looked SO tiny!

jenicarae said...

LOVE all the pics!!

Lyndsey said...

Love the pictures...the letter is super sweet. I write one to both children on their birthday every year to tell them all that they have done and accomplished. I should probably do it more often, but "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit!"