Friday, September 10

Little bits of my memory

On the first day of school (Wed) we were driving down the Interstate and I was trying to talk to Jackson about his new teachers. We are working on manners when we interrupt mommy, so of course Jackson is going to mimic back to me the lessons I'm trying to teach him. Apparently he was in mid-conversation when I tried to start a new one with him
Me: Jackson do you remember the names of your new teachers?
J: Um, mommy I was talking and you need to say 'excuse me, Jackson'
M: (grinning slightly) Oh, you're right....excuse me Jackson
J: Yah?
M: do you remember the names of your new teachers?
J: mommy, please don't talk to me right now, I'm praying
M: what are you praying for? your day?
J: no, I'm praying for Calvin....for him to be strong and brave and to know that God is with him today when I'm at school
It was so sweet, but his tone was with irritation towards me....need to work on tone of voice....hmmmm, I wonder if he gets that from me too? It's funny how children can show you with out knowing it all your downfalls.

Last night Calvin was TIRED from some errands we had to run late and by the time 7:30 pm rolled around he was clearly showing his tiredness. I brought him inside and laid him down on the changing table, reached under it to get some more diapers and by the time I stood back up he was out.....like a light. I changed his diaper and clothes and he didn't even budge. I laid him down in his crib and he didn't wake up till 2 am!!! It's bizzare to me that he doesn't require a huge ordeal at bedtime, he just goes to sleep! I guess if I don't get the books read before he gets tired, he'll just skip em and conk out. I know of another little boy in this house that has fought bedtime since birth and is STILL the king of stalling. I hate comparing them....but the bedtime business is exact opposite with these two!

1 comment:

Lori Calder said...

Love the Jackson stories! He says the cutest things!