Saturday, November 27

November


This month has been a blur. It was definitely one of the hardest months as a mom. Calvin has had ear infections off and on since he was 3 weeks old and had this last one for over 3 weeks. The sleepless nights, which I was getting about 3 or 4, 45 min naps, started to take a toll and just keeping up with fed children, house cleaning and laundry was all I could do.....no extra energy for a whole lot of extras. I compare ear infections to colic, even though it's more of a apples to oranges comparison, it's still a good one. It's frustrating! Calvin did eventually end up getting tubes, but it didn't really help because as of right now (10 days post surgery) he is fighting yet another ear infection.

I'm at a loss and am crying all the time from the lack of sleep and from having to see my little mild mannered baby in such pain. I'm being robbed of my time enjoying this fun stage with him because of all the restlessness. Poor Jackson too, mommy has no extra energy for chase or wrestling.

At Costco last week, Jackson and I stopped to have some lunch before we started to get our groceries. After we had finished our food a sweet older lady had started up a conversation with me so I had my back to Jackson as I was talking to her. About mid-conversation I turned to check on him and caught him doing something so wonderful it made my heart melt. He had taken both of our paper plates, stacked them on top of each other along with our napkins and was walking to the trash to throw them away.....all with out being asked to do so, just being his normal very helpful self. I was so proud of him and the lady I was talking with was too. His three's are turning out to be way better than his 2's were for sure!

Calvin is now pulling himself up on things and loves to stand for long periods of time while holding on to Jackson's little monkey chair. I think once we get this ear problem nipped in the bud then he'll probably be a walker soon after that.

Props out to T-rav for helping with so much. I love that I don't have to explain to him how tired I am, he just knows and helps me.....no wonder Jackson is such a greater helper, he has an great example showing him everyday how to be a servant leader.


Daddy resurrected this from the back. The previous owners had it tipped on it's side and ready for trash. T-rav brought it up by the house, replaced some wood that was rotting and built the huge sandbox underneath it, which is Jackson's favorite.

The boys helping in their daddy, in their own special way

Tada, the finished product. T-rav switched out some of the swings to make it more little kid friendly

He blinked from the flash, but I still thought this was a cute pic
Before he got his tubes he would belly crawl (he started crawling just before Halloween) and then when he would try to get up on his knees he wouldn't ever really stay on his knees but would go into a push up....weird but still cute. Check out those legs!


We've been playing a lot of Christmas music and since Jackson loves to dance to anything, I've gotten him to bop around like a ballerina to The Boston Pops Orchestra's "Sleigh Ride"

Daddy is so proud!! Ha! ha!


Jackson gets in the crib with Calvin to entertain him while I'm getting ready...his idea, not mine, he comes up with some great ideas, let me tell ya! The child is smarter than his mommy already, hee, hee


Look at that face, he already knows how to get hits in


Jackson's pre-school had a Thanksgiving feast with the mommy's and daddy's. It was one of greatest days in Jackson's life to eat with his daddy at school


Giving brother smooches


Calvin's super excited grin....He's usually such a happy kid, it breaks my heart to see him suffering here lately
True, Calvin loves to walk just like this, but the little boy below is Jackson at the same age that Calvin is now....they look more alike than I thought!

Again, not the same boy in these 2 pics, but pictured at the same age they look related....cause they are ;-)

And big brother being helpful again by showing little brother how to play with the toys

This is another frame worthy pic

And this one!


T-rav loved getting this one in a text a few weeks ago....I call it "Cally" hee, hee

The boys building together, well Jackson building, Calvin eating the Lincoln Logs


His imagination is amazing! The things that he builds just blow my mind....this one was suppose to be a dog....I totally see that

Making pizza with daddy on Thanksgiving for lunch. We were so tired from the ear infections that T-rav made a rule that we wouldn't bother would any big meal this year so that I would rest. I however managed to score us a free dinner full of fun and GREAT food over at the Liniger's house....mmmm, mm it was good! Thanks Brenda for cooking and letting us come last minute!

The afternoon after his surgery he started pulling himself up. The Dr drained A LOT of mucus from his left ear and you could tell he felt more balanced afterwards

T-rav and Jackson getting read to go burn some brush

Up in smoke!

Wrestling with the boys

My little grape tomato....Calvin looks horrible in red, but big brother picked out their new Cars pj's, which happened to be red

The Whitener's! They came down from the big town of Argyle to start a new yearly tradition of chopping down a Christmas tree. Before we headed out though, Jon wanted to take his boneified-city-girl wife out for a spin on the four wheeler. She screamed the whole time and you could hear her from the house....so hilarious!


And our chariot for the day....their mini van! It took a lot of talking to get T-rav to check his man card at the door and get in this thing. I like to lovingly refer to it as "the bat-mobile" This thing had EVERYTHING in it and was super comfy. Our family of 4 and their family of 3 fit nice and comfy in there, including the 3 huge car seats


At Mainstay Farms. This was the 1st attraction, the hay barn and was super fun for JT
Getting a pic in with mommy

The "pillow" that Weston and Jackson LOVED! This place is super entertaining and has so much fun things to do....all of which are FREE


The boys helping me stroll Calvin to the hayride. They loved each other and was always making sure the other was coming

Getting ready to ride the hayride out to the trees to cut ours down


Jackson wanted to ride up in the front with Weston....they were almost inseperable





Weston and Jackson getting ready to run through the trees


We (or more like T-rav) found the perfect tree that needed a home

The boys take to it like fire ants to human flesh


The little boys sawing it with their sticks






On the other side of the tree farm was a huge play area with pedal carts. Jon getting a spin in

Calvin enjoying the great outdoors

Julia scooting Jackson around the track on the mini-pedal cart

Jackson found this huge sandbox. He was in heaven and told me he was making a snowman. He's so creative!


Calvin loved Miss Julia. She has a way with kids for sure, probably because she's a teacher.


Weston going down the kid's tube tunnel

Waiting in line to go down the 200 yard culvert slide with their daddies.

In every picture of Weston, he's saying cheese with full face expressions, so funny

T-rav feeling even less of a man as he ratchet straps the Kinley family Christmas tree to Jon and Julia's mini van.

The day was full of beautiful weather and non-stop fun so Jackson passed out and slept the whole way home

Julia took this from the front seat of Jon driving. Our tree through the sun roof!

No comments: