I'm just going to pass along some GRR-EAT parenting advice that I got from some of my friends that have kids older than mine.
-Explaining to her little boy (about the age of 5) who was trying to boss a friend around "Son, why don't let his mommy be his mommy and you just be his friend."
-Her daughter, because she had gotten bored with the current activity, wanted to play a game on her i-rene while still playing a friend's house. The mommy very kindly said "there's a time and place for playing those games, sweetie, and when we are with friends we don't want to be distracted with a game. We need to have our faces up and our body language saying, 'I'm here and available to play or talk'".
-On tattle telling: "you may tell on your brother ONLY if the thing he is doing will get him hurt, because that would be considered helping him. You may not tell on him if you are only wanting to get him into trouble."
A Different Kind of Love Story….
5 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment