Tuesday, February 28

Time marches on....

So much to say, so many things happen and yet I never have take the energy to put funny things my kids say on here. What can I say, right now I love to sleep when I can because I feel more and more exhausted every day.

We just hit the 6 month mark and I'm shocked at how fast this pregnancy is going. We are in no hurry for her to show up, so of course that makes things go a little quicker.

Here's some pics because those are way more fun to look at.........


At the Dinosaur Park


J inside the life-size T-rex mouth

One of the many many life-size dinos in the park. The T-rex is J's favorite

A T-rex nest. 

Digging for bones with daddy
C checking out the playground. He's our climber
Up the rocks

To the top!




J telling me about the bones he excavated

back home playing with the dinosaurs

J is the ever-teaching-dino kid. He loves to tell you the names and now has become by-far a dino expert. He can pronounce the extravagant names and corrects his not-so-interested mom, who chops and butchers the names every time. C'mon, science is not this girl's thing! I do however love that he is so passionate about learning


He bought a few things at the dino park with some $ he had saved up.  This was a clay block with t-rex bones buried inside. To say he loved it would be an understatement. Mommy, on the other hand was all for the hours of quiet I got out of that block of clay. Next time I will buy every single one they have on the shelf




Letting C help him. 

C's helping turned into him high-jacking the block. He's is turning into a selfish little 2 year old right before my eyes! Augh!! I thought we just mastered selfishness 2 years ago and yet, here we got again! God love 2 year olds.....He must cause that's why He made them cute, otherwise.......Oh, lets just say I'm not a fan of this stage. I'm thankful how patient J is with him tho. He's not a saint by any stretch, but he definitely is gentle with the little un-redeemed-sinner in our house. ha! ha!

Say what?! Busted! I pay dearly for when they are giggly and laughing uncontrollably, conveniently out of sight of mommy. I may or may not have seen this first and then hurried to go get the camera because it was too funny.  

The destruction was fed by mommy laughing hysterically. What can I say, it was funny! 

Oh, yes that IS Santa wrapping paper! I may be against the big obese man but I still will purchase the paper because I'm a poor planner and it was the only paper available at Walgreens when I needed some "now". Just keepin it real, folks

He finally learned how to put his socks on my himself. Course I still do it for him because I don't want to wait for his high school graduation to get out the door, but hey we made some progress


Doing a "sticker project" with C. I learn my patience from J some days. ha! ha!

Loves that stick horse. 'Ol Victor has been a good stick horse for these boys.


The bros.....C does everything that J does at this point....some days this is a blessing some days....not so much

We had a wave of family blow through town. This was the day that they left and these boys were wiped out. They just laid around most of the day. A nice change from the bouncy balls they usually are. ;-)

Don't judge. We got a sweet deal on these balance bikes. I really thought that I'd have it painted by now, but to say that he LOVES his bike is an understatement. He's going to be so mad when he sees these pics as a teenager. I'll have it painted as soon as I can keep him off of it for more than 24 hours

These boys love bikes......and mommy loves the energy it burns

Yes, my love affair with H-E-B goes hand in hand with my children. They have cute cupcakes and my boys love being surprised with them! 

The boy is serious about his cupcakes



C had to have another set of tubes put in those adorable ears and they also went ahead and nabbed those pesky adenoids cause they were contributing to the non-stop ear infections again. We had to be there bright and early one morning and while C is a morning person, he wasn't so much a fan of all the strangers taking his oxygen, pulse, temp.....He put Hobbes over his head and tried to hide while they prepped him for surgery

Right before they took him back. I liked this children's hospital a little better, they didn't make him gown-up because he was a little cranky. They just took his pj top off after they put him under. Thank you nice anesthesia Dr for making my life easier. Going to recovery put things into perspective for me., There he was in his diaper, holding his Hobbes, laying on the bed with an iv in his hand, blood pressure cuff on his leg and some heart monitor stickies on his chest. Praise God we only suffer from ear infections and seeing him this way is not a daily or routine reality for me. I'm blessed beyond I could ever imagine with my family's health, relationally, spiritually, financially. It really stirred up more of this "I have too much, now what?" storm that God has been brewing in my heart for over a year now.....augh, more on that later. 

J spent the post-op afternoon helping me take care of his cranky brother, including laying with him while watching Wonder Pets (which held some perks for J too).  Not sure if it was lack of sleep or his terrible 2's but the boy had me hopping all day.

J loves his PJ's. He won't take them off unless we go somewhere that day. A boy after my own heart, ha! ha!

After C's hair cut. His locks were pretty and curly, but he would scream everytime I had to comb his hair and since I'm not one to create un-necessary battles with these boys because I'm lazy smart, I decided reluctantly to cut off his curls :(

More of their shenanigans. Course you put a crawling tunnel in a crib with a preschooler and a toddler.....adds to the excitement I guess!

C's true love, his guitar. One more thing in the crib....boys!

Finally a smile on camera!

And another smile......he's learning how to pump on the swing


daddy tickling

Loves to push his brother, course mr. un-appreciative screams when J does it......makes me curious if J just does it to get his brother screaming? ha!ha!

3 comments:

C and P McKinzie said...

A great update! Love seeing pics and reading stories of those smart boys!
You know you left out the one picture we all really want to see... the girls of this family!

Robin said...

Wonderful update! Those are some handsome little boys you got there!

Moody Family said...

Wow! You have been busy. Every time I look at your site the boys are so much bigger. Glad C is better post tubes. Surgery stinks! Take care kinleys!