Thursday, July 19

Insomnia stinks big time!!

Let's see as I type this it is now 6:01 am in Ft Worth. I have been up since 2:30 am and only fell asleep a short 4 hours before that. I don't know if it is just God's little way of preparing you for little to no sleep with a newborn, but I have had my fill of preparation. I WANT TO SLEEP!! Granted this does not happen every night. Actually is every other night. My new sleep pattern is sleep 4-5 hours the 1st night then the next night sleep 7-8 hours of good sleep, that is mostly induced by pure exhaustion. You know what I'm talking about...good sleep is when you wake up the next morning going...Did I not wake up once all night long? Not even to go to the bathroom? Yes I must have a huge bladder because at 7 months of pregnancy, when I am exhausted I can sleep 7-8 hours with out even waking up once to use the bathroom...I guess I will count that as my blessing.

Back to losing sleep. I wouldn't even mind it so much if I could rest during the day but since I am still working full time that's not an option. Of course if I mention to other mothers my sleep deprivation they automatically go into the "well what do you think is going to happen when the baby gets here?" mode. I hate that! Duh, I'm going to be tending to a fussy baby in the middle of the night, who may not go back to sleep right away. I may have not had a child of my own yet, but I'm not a complete moron to the fact that I will be up a lot with the baby. But while I'm still pregnant I just want to get at least 6 hrs of sleep every night so that I can function all day. Plus you throw in my ever expanding waist line (I'm up officially 17 pounds now), some 90 temps with 90% humidity to the insomnia and see how patient you are with the comments. Lesson learned--I will not make comments to 1st time expecting mom's. OK that's my grrr for this morning, I'm done complaining now.

What's new with us? Hmm, not much I guess. Travis was in Midland part of last week for Well Bore reviews? I hope that's right. Anyways, he got to bump around the west Texas country side for a few days. I personally have never been to the Midland/Odessa region, but Travis says that it looks like the area heading to Shoshoni from Casper. YUCK!! Doesn't sound too impressive to me, think I'll stick to the central and eastern parts of the state.

Tonight is a BIG night for Crissy. My good friend Julia is throwing a baby shower for me!! Most people you know me well, know that I am completely bored with the ideas of showers. I won't go into detail, just know that I am not particularly excited about going to them, even my own. I would rather just send a gift card. I love giving gifts just not suffering through the "shower." So that in mind she came up with a fun idea for a shower. Ready for this.....we are going line dancing at the world's largest honky tonk, which is located right here in Ft Worth and you all may have heard of it...WE'RE GOING TO BILLY BOB'S TEXAS!!! Whoo Hoo! Can you think of a more entertaining shower than watching some unbalanced prego out there trying to learn a complicated line dance? Just picture it for a second, then you'll get what I'm saying. I am so excited. We are going tonight, Thursday, because it is "Family night" which means no cigarette smoke big crowd or drunks stumbling around. Granted if you want a drink they still will serve you, but it's just more low key with kids running around, dancing and having fun. Plus they have the professional dance instructor up on the stage leading all those interested in learning a new line dance. I am so pumped about this. Not only do I get to go dancing but I also get to have fun and be home and in bed by 10:00 pm. Perfect evening!

Well I better start pumping the coffee in my veins, it's going to be a loooong day!!

1 comment:

Moody Family said...

Insomnia was a big issue for me too. The potty breaks were frequent though and a fulltime school schedule was rigorous when there was little sleep. Hang in there, it will be over soon and it will be much easier to get up for a reason (Jacks). Colin hates Midland and Odessa too. He spent a lot of time there and had nothing good to say about it. Have fun at the shower. You are doing it the right way in my mind. Take care and try to rest (a near impossible task I am sure). Have a great time........we can't wait for pics.