OK, so here's kind of a funny story I should share with y'all. Mind you my hormones are raging and my patience level is off the charts, so for this lady to have walked away without a little lip from me is pretty much AMAZING!! So, I know that there are women out there that had horrible pregnancy's. Some who have carried 10 to 13 pound kids well past their due date. I'm sure there's even those that have had worse temperatures and climate to deal with than me. I am not going to down size your experience in any way, especially when some of those women feel as if their childbirth experience was their right of passage, the way they brought life into this world can never be compared to again. I just pray that I learn from this and when I see a pregnant girl in the store or just in passing, I will just smile at her and SHUT MY MOUTH!! Seriously! I had a lady in Albertson's notice my condition, then felt the need to walk all the way across the produce section to where I was, just so she could share her story of giving life to her son in the hottest summer on record for North Texas....summer of 1980!! I listened patiently and then thought to myself..."why do some women find it so necessary to share these horrific stories with pregnant women they see? I can't change it for them, it's not benefiting me in anyway, I didn't ask for their opinion and even if I do have a hard time in delivery it still won't compare because according to you, you had it so much worse!!" Oh and don't ever tell them that this is your first baby....that's when they really pounce! Thank goodness these incidents have been few and far between, there may have been a different outcome to our conversation.
Well I guess my first wave of sleepiness if finally going to hit (right now...11:31 pm) so I should ride it in so I can get my first 3 hours of sleep for the night. I am truly prepared for a new born, I sleep in 2-3 hour intervals and am awake for 1-1 1/2 hours in between.
Thought I'd post one more of Meagan's pictures......she's got great filters on her camera so she can make anyone look good :-)

OK, one more...
2 comments:
Sounds like Jacks is right on track to be a healthy, strong newborn!!!! YIPPY!!!! The countdown is almost over. I must say you are such a good pregnant woman. People are super rude and in my mind the worse people are the ones that walk up and touch your belly. Those people have something seriously wrong with them. I hit someone for that when I was pregnant. Sorry for the little story, but you look so good and are amazing for dealing with the heat and hormones so well. Congrats!!! Hang in there....it is almost over. WOOO!!HOOO!!!!
Less than a month to go!!!! how are you feeling? Hope all is well. Jacks will be here soon. YIPPY!!!! We were just thinking about you guys and wanted to wish you luck with this last month of prep. Try to rest up. Take care and we can't wait to see pics of your happy family.
Post a Comment