Tuesday, September 4

1st Day on the Job

Well today is my 1st OFFICIAL day as a "Domestic Engineer" aka...house wife, but I hate the latter so I'll stick with the D.E., thank you very much.

My day started off early by getting up and wandering around the house, making lists of things that I would like to get done before the "labor day" event of the summer. Then I went to my Dr's appt (we are on a weekly basis now) only to find out that NOTHING is happening. He checked me and said that the baby hasn't even dropped yet, which I beg to differ, because I swear I can breath a whole heck of a lot better and I feel as if I can eat more too with out getting stuffed so fast. Maybe he just moved south a little and didn't actually "drop". It was kind of disappointing to hear that things aren't moving along, but that may not mean anything either. I have been having contractions, though they are sporadic and too few & short to count, needless to say they are happening. In other great news...I am getting a cold! Must be from the freezing cold temps we are now keeping the house at. I refuse to endure the humidity any longer and want to be comfortable these last few weeks, so Travis has agreed to shell out the extra $$ and let the A/C be set at 75, all I can say is, Praise God!! We thought about taking the window unit out of the shed (yes, Travis has A/C in his ridiculously HUGE building he calls a shed (9' x 15'), plus 2 lofts to boot....let's just put it this way, we could convert it into a pool house if need be) but if we take it out then there will be a huge hole in the side making it easy for rain and birds to go right on in. So, since I'm due in only a few weeks, we will just cool the entire house, instead of just the bedroom. In the long run it does make more sense.

Other big news!! Copper recently got sick and decided to do it in the babies room so....We are getting new carpet and it will be installed next Monday!! We wanted to wait until after Christmas, but when Travis tiled the hallway in May, he saw how gross it was under the carpet and just couldn't imagine bringing home a new baby to such grossness (I bet the carpet is about 10 years old). I said that it would be fine and we could wait till January, but after cleaning up Copper's mess...we decided that sooner would be better. Thank goodness we only have carpet in the bedrooms, so it won't be too bad. Except we have to move everything out in to the living & dining rooms, which will suck but be worth it in the end. I'll post some before and after pics later.

Well I better scoot, I have a birthday lunch to go to and then off to the grocery store. This schedule it crazy....wink, wink!

1 comment:

Moody Family said...

Sick dog....... YUCK!!! But the new carpet will rock. It is going to make life with a new baby more wonderful, if that is possible. I totally agree on the ac. Jason and I keep the swamp cooler on all of the time when it is hot because he is so sensitive to high temps. But it is totally worth the $$$$. It is a bummer that there was no progress reported at the doc, but when it does, it happens fast. Jackson will be here very soon. Stay cool and dry (lots of rain in your forcast). Can't wait for pics. Take care.