I was looking at the calendar the other day and noticed that tomorrow, the 26th, will be a full moon. Does that mean anything for my current situation? I read some where about 5 months ago that just as the moon controls the tides, it has an effect on babies and bags of waters that they live in. Has anyone heard of this? If so, what are the SPECIFIC things I can do to make sure this happens?? Can ya tell I'm DONE!! I mostly just want to see what he looks like.
Newest thing is I can't feel the front part of my belly. A friend of a friend is a physical therapist and she was telling me that it is because the muscle has been stretched so far that the nerve endings have gone numb, she also said that it is a natural pain killer your body provides and this is a good thing, because if I felt it, it would be extremely painful. To me it feels like when you go to the dentist and he numbs you with the Novocaine...well on the outside of your mouth you can feel that you are touching it, but you can't actually "feel" it. Well imagine that feeling around your belly button. Then what is even weirder is that I can feel my "popped" belly button and it is soooo tender, I'm always walking with my hand over it so that if someone gets too close, they might not accidentally bump it...OUCH!!
Good news is my insomnia is gone. Flip side to that...what will I do now that I can sleep all night? I don't want to get used to this..wow never thought I'd say that! Jackson needs to hurry up and get here because I just realized last night that my mom and Travis's grandma will be here in 2 weeks, and I know they ain't coming to see me or Travis!! Plus with a baby I no longer have to entertain company!
Let's see what else...oh, we sold the Honda Coupe (bummer dude!) and are in the market for a different car. Nothing new, we are going to pay cash so we don't have a car payment, which I have found, really limits your choices even with all the cars in the Dallas/Ft Worth metroplex.
Again, when I go into labor I will try to remember to post it on here, so y'all will know it's happening.
Travis sent me this video and I thought it was HILARIOUS!! Have a good Tuesday.
A Different Kind of Love Story….
5 months ago
2 comments:
Ok, for the full moon thing. I asked my doc when I was soooo ready to have Jason. He said that scientists would like to say no it has nothing to do with it, but every full moon he has more women deliver or go into labor than any other time. He doesn't know why or have any scientific backing, but that is what he told me. Take advantage of the sleep. It will be the last time you get a chance to do so for 18+ years. Sure, they do sleep better after a year or so, some earlier than others (Jason is 21 months on sunday and still only sleeps a little), but that is a long time to go without a good nights sleep. Take advantage. Your body will adjust to Jacksons schedule no matter what. Be rested when you go into that marathon of labor and delivery. It is funny that your belly went numb. Mine did the same. After the button popped out and then stretched to the point you couldn't find it anymore it got quite painful, then I woke up one morning to no more pain... it was numb. Thank you God for your mercy there. It took about 1 week for my belly button to get its shape back after it re-appeared. You will have him soon. Your attitude it pointing to very soon. We will pray that the full moon will have a strong influence on Jacksons arrival. Hang in there and sleep as much as possible, you will need the energy (for the next few years).... oh and loved the video.... that would limit warfare for sure. I will be passing that one on to many. Oh so funny. Have a good one tell Travis hi and enjoy this last little while of sleeping.... you have the best adventure coming in the near future.
One more thing before you go into labor.... a bit of advice that was given to me before I had Jason.... it sounds stupid, but oh I was thankful..... don't wear white socks. Wear a dark colored pair. You will want socks to keep your feet warm and delivery is a messy thing. Good luck and I hope everything continues to go well. You will be looking into Jacks eyes before long.
Post a Comment