Friday, September 21

Comfy, Comfy, Comfy!

That what this little guy is. He's not budging at all! I had a Dr's appt yesterday and Jackson is just very comfortable and not showing any signs of leaving any time soon. I'm kind of relieved too, because even though I am very uncomfortable, the closer I get to Sept 27, the more scared I get of being a mom. At first I thought I would be freaked out about the delivery but I have since discovered that all of my anxiety is about the parenting. I compare it to being married. When Travis and I got married, like most bride's, I just focused on the wedding day...all the little details that go with that, and I should have been focusing on the details of the actual marriage. Oh well, we all have learning lessons, and now I have the experience to share with other brides and to be a ambassador for Pre-martial counseling. I feel as if I'm a little more prepared to be a parent than I ever was to be a wife. This of course has a lot to do with the fact that I'm older and have a completely different life style, which is more peaceful than the one I choose before, thank the Lord. Still, I'm sure one day Jackson will be on a counselors couch talking about how I ruined his life.. HA! HA!

Busy day today. Have a window guy coming in a bit to fix the back passenger door window in Travis truck (a rock cracked it!!) then need to get the front windows tinted to keep the heat out for the baby, then coming back to the house to meet a friend who is going to help me put a few things on Jackson's wall. It's a surprise and I'll post some pics when it's done!! Tomorrow is the big Homecoming party (woo hoo!)...Go Frogs!!

Have a good Friday!!

1 comment:

Moody Family said...

Bummer.... more discomfort. He will come sooner or later though. Although I can say don't worry about being a parent, I know it won't change how you feel. You are going to be an awesome mom. As long as you love him and do your best..... that is all a kid can ask for. There will be times when you just want to pull out your hair, but after a mom time out (that is what I call it when I go and take a shower or find some quick me time) things always look up. Can't wait to see the pics of the new addition to the room. Have a great homecoming and don't worry too much...... you will be an amazing parent. You and Travis have a lot of love to give Jackson and he will know it every day of his life. Have a good on and take care.