Went to the Dr for our 2nd week check up and he now weights 8 1/2 lbs and is 22" long!! Dr said he's doing fabulous and that most babies are only back to their birth weight by the 2nd week! He's getting so big and already out growing a lot of his little onsies, if that is possible. He goes back to the Dr at 8 weeks, but Dr Worsley said that I could come in at any time and weigh him if I want. I think I'll do it at 5 weeks, just to see how big he's getting. By the way...Love, Love, Love Jackson's Dr. He reminds me of Travis, kinda looks like him and is so super nice. He's also very positive which is so good for me. I was asking him if he thought Jackson might be colicky due to a couple days of him being really fussy and his response was..."well let's not just label him with such a horrible thing right away. I would hate for people to say that I'm a jerk just because I had a bad day. The 1st week of their life they are just recovering from the birthing process and are tired, the 2nd week they are start to adjust to their environment and they can get agitated in doing so. Just keep loving him and see if he gets better." Guess what, It Worked!! Jackson was just having a few bad days!
We have been going for little walks the past few days, since I can now lift him on my own. The weather here is BEAUTIFUL and in perfect Texas fall form. Highs in the lower 80's, no humidity and the leaves are just now starting to turn to the dark purples and reds. Jackson loves the stroller and mommy loves the fresh air, it helps me feel like a free person again. I have been trapped in my house the past 2 weeks due to my c-section. I'm healing quickly, but not fast enough for me!! Can't wait to feel normal again.
Here's more pics from last week. I have really cute ones from this week, but I can't find my camera cord to get them onto the computer.
2 comments:
You big boy is such a cutie. Glad you are feeling better and hopefully you will continue to heal fast. It is awesome that you found a pediatrician that you like. It is always a relief since you will have a very close relationship with him. Love the pics too. He is so sweet. We can't wait to meet him. Can't wait for more pics. Take care, give Jackson a big snuggle for us and tell Travis hi for us.
YAy! I'm glad you're doing good! It's great to come on here and read up about the Kinley's. :)
Post a Comment