Soon it WILL be Christmas Day!! I love this time of year and not because of the gifts but because it just brings a different feeling to me. To be thankful for so many blessings in my life despite the tough circumstances we all face through out the year. Just to reflect on all the good that has happened this year and years past, plus things that we have gone through to build character, perseverance and to bring us to where we are right now. I don't think I would change a thing. I'm also so thankful for the ultimate gift that was given to us all on December 25. Having a son of my own now, I can't imagine ever giving him away to an ungrateful world, which sadly I help in that population. Maybe if we all remember that no matter who you are every perfect gift and blessing comes from above, and the true meaning of Christmas, then we can enjoy all the extras that come with the holiday. Don't get me wrong, I'm human just like the rest and I like the gifts too!!
Ok so what is new around our house? Well Uncle Scott & Aunt Arliss came to visit for Thanksgiving and we had a GREAT time!! I'm bummed that I didn't get a picture of J.T. with them, so many things going on I just forgot. We didn't have a turkey but instead Travis smoked a brisket on the charcoal bbq, it was so good! He's got the Texas BBQ down that's for sure! J.T. is developing more and more of a schedule and I'm finding that I'm falling in line. That blew my idea of "creating a schedule" for him out of the water. He's a late napper, usually from about 3 pm to 5:30 pm, which I would have never planned it to be that way, but is turning out to be a real blessing because I have no choice but to rest which is what I really need to do.
I'll post some pics when the camera battery charges...he's gotten so big! 8 weeks old tomorrow!!
A Different Kind of Love Story….
5 months ago
1 comment:
Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving..... a wonderful holiday. Christmas is sure our favorite around here. We have so much to be thankful for and celebrate. Just in one week we have Christmas, our aniversary and Jason's birthday..... a special time of year indeed. We just finished puting up the tree and are getting in the Christmas spirit. Can't wait for the pics.. I will post some tomorrow. Tell your fam hi for us and give Jackson a snuggle.
Post a Comment