Last weekend I went on a Women's Retreat with some friends and left little JT and daddy home alone for 2 days and 2 nights. When I came home on Sunday I was expecting a look of relief on Travis's face and total joy from JT to see his mommy. Whatever! Those boys not only survived....they thrived!! Travis said he had a ton of fun, JT was like "hey, mom" when I came in and Travis got JT to sleep through the night while I was gone!! What!? Of course my 1st question was, "did you just let him cry?" but I guess he didn't wake up once on Friday night and Saturday night he kind of grunted around 3 am, but when Travis didn't go running in there, he just went back to sleep. Hmmm....guess mommy was the issue not JT. None the less, I'm totally enjoying getting 8 hours of sleep now, it's soooo nice.
At the retreat we watched a Beth Moore Conference..."Loving Well". If you have never seen Beth Moore I HIGHLY recommend it if given the chance or maybe reading one of her books. She has such a gift for relating to women through hilarious stories and her love for the Lord is so inspiring. This is the 2nd time I have seen her and she was even better than the 1st.
Here's some more pics......I think he is the most adorable little baby in the world!

Sitting out back while mommy cleans the pool. He's starting to scoot a little now, so hanging out back by the pool is going to be a challenge

My shirt does not lie!! I don't like to lay in the bouncy seat anymore, I like to sit up and try to launch myself.....such a boy!

LOVES LOVES LOVES my friend Bekah's baby swing, so we got him one for our house. Now just waiting for Saturday so daddy can hang it up.

Not the best picture of JT's little friend Sammy, but I thought it was a cute pic of JT. My friend Bekah lives in the cultural district of Ft Worth, where the houses are old and have HUGE front porches.....JT and I love going to Bekah's....it's like a mini-retreat for us!!

Splashing in the bath tub.....that boy can soak a bathroom floor in no time.
1 comment:
He sure is a big boy. 2 nights with dad..... WOW. Colin hasn't even had that and Jason is over 2. Glad you got a get away.... every mom needs that. Love the pics as always. Take care and we will talk to you very soon.
Post a Comment