Tuesday, May 20

Humane or In-humane?

Our dog, Copper, is going to be 11 this August. We have had him for just about that long and today I am wondering just how long is a good run with a dog?

There's a good reason I am questioning this. You see Travis and I have been trying to get our jungle of a backyard tamed for the past few months by clearing out a lot of weeds and extra trees that we keep popping up. Apparently our backyard is extremely fertile ground and EVERYTHING wants to live in it. Ok, so yesterday it was about 99 degrees here and I decided to get up and out back early to clear out the bed behind the pool so I could get the flowers we bought at Home Depot in the ground. I dug up weeds, pulled a few baby trees, yanked out the newest Oleander bush that was trying to come up and then tilled it with the claw/hoe thingy (not much of a gardener, can ya tell?) before the sun got too hot. Then last night after JT went to bed Travis and I worked into the dark laying the landscape fabric and getting some of the bigger perennials into the ground. I then laid out the Zinnia's in the exact spot where I was going to put them and then decided I would plant them 1st thing in the morning. Well I got up this morning to feed JT at about 5:30 and then decided to just go take a peek at the perennials to see if they took to the ground OK. Well when I walked out back I was shocked to find that EVERY SINGLE FLOWER, planted or not, had been trampled......that freakin dog stays outside at night and likes to run up and down the back fence (which is where the flower bed is) barking at any thing and every thing. I want to just KILL him!! I was seriously think....hmm, it's been about 10 or so years, maybe going to doggy heaven today wouldn't be so bad. I would miss him, but he is just a dog.

Ok, so I won't actually go through with it, but as I sit out back drinking my coffee and staring at the flowers I have to resuscitate, it just makes me angry.

On a lighter note, I am also noticing how much the birds love our backyard too. We have several large trees with tall red tip bushes and they seem to be over run with birds. I have to admit that they are pretty...I think they're blue jays?....but if anyone knows me they know that birds are not my thing. One pooped on my head my senior year of high school and I have had a hatred for all our feathered friends ever since. They just plain freak me out.

Switching gears....JT and I got back from our 2nd trip up to Wyoming about 10 days ago. I do have to brag a little...he is such a awesome little flier. The boy just smiles the whole time and keeps the flight attendants on their feet so they can get another peek at those baby blues and that big toothless grin!

What did we do while visiting?? Well it started with the 2nd night we were there....my mom got married! I am now apart of the 50% of Americans that apart of a blended family. I do have to say that since I'm pushing 30 and have been married for almost 9 years now, I don't really consider him (Rob) as my step-dad, he's my mom's husband. That being said, Rob is a really great guy. Super nice and just what the Lord ordered for my mom. I'm thankful he came along and looking forward to getting to know him better. JT really likes him too. After the wedding shin dig, we got to wake up Friday, May 2nd to a blizzard!! I hate Wyoming in May, it ALWAYS does that. Needless to say, we were trapped in doors for the first few days, which always sucks. I had to have Travis's mom get JT some warmer clothes because all we own for his current size is summer clothes....hello it's May, not the dead of winter! We hung out with grandma's and grandpa's, aunts and uncles, cousins, friends. It was a lot of fun and seemed like JT and I were on the go non-stop. It's really hard to be dragging a baby all over Casper, especially when they are little and you have a nap schedule to work around. The #1 reason we came to Wyoming during May was to see my nieces and nephews track day, but of course the weather didn't cooperate so I only got to see about 15 mins of it before they cancelled it for the day. I did however get to see all of Trent's blue ribbons and watch Katie run across the finish line for 1st place in the 100 meter dash. I guess it was worth the plane tickets to see those 2 glorious moments, just wish it could have been more.

Well need to start reviving the trampled plants and praying that God give me patience with Copper today...right now I just feel like beating him!

Have a good one!
The new family....Rob is a nice addition!!

In my new dud's that Grandma Sandy got me....keepin warm

So excited about the new red wagon Grandma Sandy bought me...I LOVE IT!!
Flying back home to see my daddy.....I'm such a pro!

1 comment:

Brenda Liniger said...

Love the post,,,not the story of the flowers but love that you FINALLY took the time to update!