Sometimes when I'm getting ready or wanting to get something done really quick with out JT hanging from my hip, I will put him in his room in front of his toy basket and he will playfully pull each toy out one by and one, examine and chew on em a little. It would keep him busy for at least 30 mins. Well today that ended, because my little guy is crawling! AUGH! The worst part is I thought crawling would bring more freedom for me because it meant he could get from one toy to another that was across the room with out me. Well of course I didn't think that he could also get to the electrical outlets, cords, floor fans, pens, tv stand with DVD's and DVD player, trash cans.....of course everything he's not suppose to touch, he's heading right for now that he has figured out that he can launch himself where he wants to go. The reason I say launch is because he's not really crawling per say....um no it's more of the butterfly swim stroke but on carpet rather than in the pool. He just can't figure out his arms, so he'll go from a position on his tummy, work like crazy pushing off his big toes to get up on those chubby knees, be up on all fours with his hands out a little in front of him, push with his legs and then launch himself forward back onto his stomach. Looks like the butterfly stroke, well kind of, but it sure is cute and it gets him were he wants to be, which is to all the places he's not suppose to be :-).
He's still crazy about walking and loves it when I'll just hold his little hands and help him walk all over the house all day, so I think that will soon follow. But for now I need to start crawl-proofing this house.
I'll try and get some video of it the next few days and post it...so adorable.
A Different Kind of Love Story….
5 months ago
1 comment:
Congrats! It is a huge step or should I say crawl. Can't wait to see the video. Good luck crawl proofing the house.... it should be a good time.
Post a Comment