Tuesday, June 17

Whaaaaa!

That's what happens when you make JT's "eyes go swimming!", he screams!

This week JT & I are doing a mommy-n-me swim class in the afternoons at my friends house. On Monday we got there late so we only got about 15 mins of swim time (the class is 30 mins long). I was able to get him submersed once and he didn't cry to bad, but he did let out a HUGE burp when we got out of the pool, which means he's sucking in the water. It's kind of a fun class. We start by putting them in the airplane position (arms out on their bellies, head up looking at you in the face) and tell him to kick-kick-kick, which he does with a HUGE smile. Then I got my mouth in the water and starting blowing to make the water bubble. This part confused him a little and he ended up drinking more water than making bubbles. After I got him comfortable with getting his face half way in the water we step up to the major par which is "eyes go swimming!" At first he was a little shocked, then he kind of gasped for air when he came up the second time but after that it was all down hill. At the end of the lesson today he was screaming and trying to crawl out of the pool when I would get close to the sides of the pool. I was kind of worried that I've scared him for life and that every time we get close to our pool he'll freak out, but Mikki said that he won't remember. I guess tomorrow we'll have to take it a little slower, maybe only dunk twice and leave it at that.

There are 2 other kids in his class....a 2 year old little girl and a 20 month little boy. The little girl won't even put her mouth in the water and the little boy is doing back flips off the side of the pool...well not really, but he is jumping in the water to his mom and it's only been 2 days. I guess I'm a little bitter cause my little guy just seems to excel at everything he does, plus his mommy is a little fish herself, so it just baffles me that he doesn't just love dunking under the water. What's up?! Oh well, we'll get there.

About the house: well we had an older lady stop by on her own yesterday wanting to take a look around, but I was headed out to our swim class so she only got to see the living room. Then today I got a call from the "centralized showing service" that there would be a showing today between 3 pm and 4 pm. I was gone but when I got back I could tell that people had been here. How? Well the picture on the end table was turned, the key in the back door lock was turned a different direction and the bathroom light in the master bath was also in a different position. Oh, I should work for CSI, NOTHING gets past me!! :-)

Hopefully someone will like our house soon!


So proud of that pony!
Hmm...can I get my whole fist in my mouth?

No comments: