So we got back on Tuesday afternoon after a LONG flight home. Well it wasn't any longer than normal but it seemed that way since it was packed full. Usually the days I pick to fly are not typically busy but for some reason this trip the going and the coming were both full flights. Results? Jackson ended up sitting on my lap the entire time. It wasn't bad, just he will not sleep when you hold him so it was 2 hours of non-stop entertaining my boy. Not complaining, mind you, just had to humble myself and be completely silly in front of some very professional looking folks. The ladies were smiling and commenting on how good my little guy was, some the guys were giving me funny looks. Maybe this was a glimpse for them as just how much work their wives have put into their own kids. :-)
We had a great 2 weeks in Wyoming. Like I said, Wyoming is a trick state in the summer. Makes you want to pack up and move back. I told Travis when I got home that we should think about moving back. He quickly reminded me of my past few trips to Wyoming, dealing with the howling cold wind. Man if only the nice summer weather lasted a little longer.
We took Jackson camping the first few days we were there at the lake. It was so much fun! He also went on his first boat ride. I thought he would throw a fit about having to wear the bulky life jacket the entire time, but he didn't mind at all. He kept smiling and making his engine sound. Another thing we discovered at the lake is just how nice it is to have our family's help. Travis and I were able to go on several boat rides, ride the jet ski's and even go watch the fireworks from the boat while my grandma baby sat. A girl could get used to that.
When we got back to Casper we stayed with Travis's mom and dad for the 1st week. We had a huge brunch on Sunday with all of Travis's immediate family. I was pretty fun to see the little cousins together again since Christmas and I always love spending time with his family.
I had a birthday while we were there...the big 2-9! My mom got a cake and had a little party for me at my grandma's house. Scott & Arliss (my brother and sister-in-law) came with the 4 kids and all their energy. Jackson loved Auntie Arliss taking him outside to play with the kids. He just loves being around bigger kids, you can tell he just wants to run and play with them so bad. He did get in the grass and crawl around after them, but you could see it in his face how he wanted to run so badly.
The fair and rodeo was in town the last week we were there, so I took Jackson to the parade with some friends (parades actually are not too bad if you have some friends with kids to go with you). Then later in the week we took him to the fair to see the animals. He was so cute! His little hand would fly up in a kind of "what is that?" motion. I think his favorite was the steers. He was in awe at how big they were. A sheep that I was petting tried to lick his hand, but Jackson didn't want to have any part of actually touching these beasts. I'm sure next year we'll be wrestling him to the ground to keep him out of the animals pins.
Update on the house.....Pork Chop Hill went to a higher bidder and someone who could close faster. We have decided to still sell our house, but we are going to do FSBO. Save us a little cash in fees. I have found another house out that direction of Pork Chop Hill on McDaniel Rd..It is so beautiful and the kitchen is AWESOME! But like Travis says, it's all God's will so don't get too excited. Thank goodness he keeps me grounded sometimes.
Well here some pictures to enjoy. Jackson is 9 1/2 months now and starting to walk a little more. I think in a few weeks he will be all over the place.
Sitting with Papa Mike
1 comment:
sorry to hear about the house... the same thing happened to us... we are still staying with my parents. but, it looks like we might get an offer this week... hopefully a good one. whatever is meant to be will be. looks like wyoming was fun for you... don't forget, no place in wyoming is windy like casper... thermop is nice... you should move there.. there are geology jobs... good ones. jackson is growing up so fast... what a big boy, walking!!!! hope all is well. talk to you soon.........
Post a Comment