Friday, January 9

Hi MOM!

Yes Teresa, I'm saying Hi to you! Do ya like my get up?! How proud you must be! ;-) Even your grandson looks ridiculous in his non-matching clothes. 

Even though January in Texas can be fabulous with temps sometimes creeping up into the 70's (but plummeting back into the 20's with freezing rain a mere 48 hrs later) I have to remember that it is still January. Yesterday it was in the mid 70's here and I had been out in the morning raking leaves in the backyard. I was sweating a little after doing it and it was only 10:30 am. So after the morning nap, we went to Central Market to meet up with some friends to play and I just wore the shorts I had on from being hot earlier. Well, the sun had already moved beyond the playground by the afternoon and let me tell ya, it's chilly in the shade. I ended up finding (some would call it stealing, since I was nervous the whole time I had them on that the little girl would come back to get them) these leg warmers left by a 12 year old and decided to use them for some added warmth. Well pictures are worth a thousand words, so a few of my friends decided to snap a few of my ridiculous outfit. The best part is my kid looks just as strange as I do but for a good reason. I've discovered awhile ago that letting him have some control alleviates some of the fits...he is so strong willed and knows what he wants. So Travis and I started letting him pick his own shoes (he will pick a different pair each time we go out the door, or sometimes mis-match them, so crazy) and then the other day I started letting him pick his clothes from some choices that I offer. Well yesterday, before I could get out some shirts that would match his camo cargo shorts, he opened his dresser drawer and picked out a shirt himself. The weird part is that he took 2 others out and tossed them aside before settling on this blue one. In letting him have control over that, I have discovered 2 things: 1) I need to move his shirts to a taller drawer and 2) he's not going to always pick something that I will like or that will necessarily match. I'll focus on the important things and let these little ones go........Thanks Bekah, for teaching me that!

My mom and Rob got a computer about 3 months ago and she JUST RECENTLY discovered our blog and got an e-mail address. So now she e-mails me every time she reads our blog (which I think is daily) to tell me how much she loves it. I'm not much a phone talker, especially with people that are long distance. It's hard for me to interact and keep people up to date by talking through a device that is irritating me...aka the phone...I hate having to hold it up to my ear. Well my hilarious mom is a detail person and she wants all the details of everything I do and and everything her grandson does, but unfortunately the times that she has to talk to me is when life is in full swing here at the Kinley's and I can't be talking on the phone. But because I like to write about our antics, this blog is right up her alley. I think my mom thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread. Isn't if funny how when your mom thinks and tells you what your doing is great, it just gives you the incentive to do it more, even when you are now 30 yrs old (well 1/2 way there, I'm still 29). I need to remember that with my own son! You raise what you praise, and praise is still nice to hear when you are grown and gone.

I love this next pic and I think it's the cutest profile ever! 

4 comments:

Brenda Liniger said...

You are one of the cutest spring break sorority girls I know.....

Ben said...

What the heck are those pink things on the calves?

Moody Family said...

love the look... very 80s All you need is a side ponytail

The Edwards Family said...

Awesome leg warmers! I don't think that you would have been caught in those back when I first met you. Very Cute!