Yesterday we took a little field trip and very conveniently there ended up being a big ol patch of bluebonnets, so by golly we were going to get into the Texas tradition of having our "picture made" in the bluebonnets. My hopes, which I knew were way too high, was that I would be able to get my very active, lively, expressive, strong 1 1/2 yr old to sit and say "cheese" while I snap some adorable memories to hang on my wall. Then reality checked in and, well, here's the results.....

Here the star is taking in the scenery...meanwhile I'm other the other side of the lens begging him..."
JT, look at Mommy, come on look at mommy"

As I continue to plead with him, he still keeps strong with his selective hearing, points off in the distance and saying "boat, water"

Then he bolts, running from the perfect patch of bluebonnets and giggling all the way....He knew what I wanted and his strong will was screaming at him from the inside "run from her!".....little does he know that I'm super talented, I caught this one while I was running backwards. It turned out kinda how I in-visioned.... him smiling with bluebonnets
nearish....I'll take it cause it's all I'm gonna get!

Bolting for the water and the new toy daddy bought him

Debating whether or not to go in. I kept telling him....
brrr, cold, but you could see the gears just moving, questioning if mommy was fast enough to beat him to the water. We went to Joe Pool Lake yesterday to test drive the boat you see in the background. Yes, our list of
BFF's just got a little longer because we ended up buying it. It's a
Procraft fish and ski combo, but it's a little more fish and a little less ski than I'm used to. It's exactly what Travis wanted and I figure he'll probably be spending more time on it than me so what the heck, I'll won't fight this battle. Come to find out it was a wise choice. The "fishing" boats generally don't have the deep V-hauls that I prefer and with the shallow lakes in TX there not exactly ideal for getting up close to where the fish hang out because you can get stuck pretty easy.

Helping daddy back the boat up. I could tell Travis was a little nervous cause he hadn't driven a boat for a while, but mostly because the water is so shallow for such a long distance off the shore (we're talking 3-5' for about 50 yards) that he didn't want to break anything before we had decided to purchase it.....that would be our luck, right?

I love this picture! He was seriously watching this other boat that was passing....I wish I could know what he's thinking!
2 comments:
UMMMMM,,,,got a boat and didn't tell me??? Now you are the people with the pool and the boat...life is good!!!!
Very cool... I bet you will be having a lot of fun on the boat this summer. Love the pics... oh and you will never look bigger... talking crazy. Have a great week with your cutie and the hus.
Post a Comment