Friday, April 10

Is it really my fault?

Ok, so I've started to notice that the clothes are getting a little snug these past few days and I'm getting a little frustrated by that. Every gal loves getting new clothes to dress up in, but NEVER do we like to get them because we've stepped up a few sizes...eek!

So here's the problem, my all time favorite food is Mexican! I seriously could just inhale it, that's how much I absolutely LOVE Mexican food, then add in the mere fact that I live in the best state in the Union for this overly indulged food and top it off that my awesome neighbor is from Mexico and brings something yummy over to my house at least twice a week....nail in the coffin folks!! What am I suppose to do, slam the door in her face?! No, Laura I can't eat your tacos because you, me Amiga, are single handily making me FAT....so rude and un-neighborly. I'm suppose to love my neighbor and when you tell a Hispanic lady that "no I don't want your food" well I might as well just tell her that she's the worst person in the world. Augh! I know I know, you're saying "well why don't you just throw it out after she brings it over" PEOPLE this is homemade Mexican food, you don't just "throw it out", you indulge, you savor, you linger, but then after those 5 seconds are up.....you inhale it! See my problem here? That, my friends, is why I need to move. I have the best neighbor in Ft Worth who treats me like a sister, loves on my baby and makes us feel like we're apart of their family, but since I have so self-control when it comes to her food, I'm sadly going to have to cut this friendship when we finally move. At least for the sake of my waist line.

OK, so on to the real reason you read this....the pics! Last weekend our sunday school class did an Easter Egg hunt with all the kids and it was so cute to watch all these little toddlers totting around these huge baskets picking up eggs that had been "hidden" on the lawn. We had an age span from 1 to 5 so we staggered the hunt to make it a little more fair. The littlest got to go outside first and start picking up the ones in plain sight, then after a few minutes we let the ones that could count go and they had a "quota" that they could get, then we turned loose the runners and hunters AKA the 5 year olds. I was impressed by the organization that we had, course we have some pretty organized moms in our class, (course, me not being one of them) so I wasn't at all surprised.

Here's some cute pics, but they're really tiny because I once again forgot my camera and Travis ended up taking these with his phone that he so lovingly calls the "poopberry". It's a blackberry that XTO has all their employees use and he was happy with it till I got an I-rene (what I lovingly call my awesome gadget, yes the much coveted I-phone) and now he just sees what a wonderful world it would be if XTO would not be such Apple haters!

So excited about his big find!

1 comment:

Chris Freeland said...

Hmm.

Just last week when K and I saw you at church I mentioned how it looked like you had lost a ton of weight while you were in Wyoming. She agreed.