What a fun and busy weekend we had, which I must say is well deserved after the several crappy ones we've endured...gotta take the good with the bad and I love taking a whole weekend of good!
On Saturday we took JT fishing for the first time and even though it didn't last but 2 hours he still had a great time and Travis and I were reminded just how much we love the great outdoors. So as soon as we get into another house and get rid the hole in the ground that we pour $ and water into (aka the pool) we've decided that we will once again be a boating family. I don't think you can own both, a pool and a boat, since both are high maintenance. As my family puts it...boats are a hole in the water in which you pour $ into.....well since we've had the experience of owning both, we can safely say that boats are more our speed. Now we just need to get a little more friendly with the folks we know that have pools ;-)

Helping daddy mow on Saturday morning....I get what he misses

It was so cute he would follow Travis back and forth

Sorry Kashuba's had to do it ;-).....Our friends Michael and Amanda stopped by after their sons soccer game down the street and Travis had yet to see the new wheels they were sporting. The look on his face when he saw the college softball stars pull up in a mini-van was priceless. I snapped a picture of Michael and Amanda laughing at Travis's response....which was "wow....never thought I would see y'all in a mini-van....so why didn't ya spring for the wood paneling?".....so funny!

JT taking a break from mowing to smile and wave at the Kashuba's in their mini-van

Later after the nap we headed to Lake Worth for some fishing with our friends...what a nice warm spring day...I think it was 83 when we got out on the water


all boy! when we started going fast across the water JT was all over it!! Check out that smile

Fishing with daddy

So this just goes round and round....cool!!! We didn't end up catching any fish with the boys, but Travis and Derrick went back out after Georgeanne and I took the boys home and they ended up catching some. Sure wish JT could have seen one be reeled in this trip....maybe next time

JT's little future hunting/fishing buddy, Austin. Their daddies do a lot of hunting and fishing together so you know they will be spending a lot of time getting their testosterone pumping

Mr Derrick let me help drive the boat...so cool!!

Austin using the radio as a climbing tool....that boy can crawl FAST!! He's 10 months old today!!

Me and my daddy

Future fishing buds.....I think each year we'll snap a photo of them side by side
1 comment:
The only thing better than having a boat is having friends who have a boat.
I can't wait for you guys to be a boating family.
Post a Comment