For those of you who don't speak "Jacksonese" I'll translate the 1st words he said to his mama on Mother's Day....."I slept in a big boy bed!"
That's right, Mr JT now sleeps in a big boy bed! Our blue-eyed angel has never been a fan of the crib or of sleeping, so since one of them had to go I picked the crib. He's still not a fan of sleeping but the screaming to sleep has stopped which I think will save my sanity in the long run. I do have to admit that a tear slipped out of my eye as I laid my sleepy toddler down in his big boy bed and a huge grin came across his face as to say "mommy, this is the best!". I don't want him to stay a baby forever and JT would never allow that anyway, but I do like to mental markers in my mind when something has come to an end. I can remember the mental picture I took of his sweet little face when I nursed him for the last time and I will forever remember laying him on his tummy in his crib and that diaper butt sticking up in the air.
We still have the crib in JT's room because we have to take the door off to get it out and Travis is insisting on taking it apart to store it. JT now looks at it, points and says "baby bed" so-matter-of-fact-ly. I swear this kid thinks he's 3 already.
Shhh....I snuck into his room after he feel asleep and snapped a pic of this big moment!
so the next day he decided he was too big for his booster seat too....thankfully that only lasted one day

3 comments:
Too cute... He is growing up so fast. I can't believe he is in a big boy bed!!! Now you have an empty crib calling for another baby.....
So cute!! Glad I found your blog so I can follow your adventures with your little guy!
What a great step for your family! It's funny because we just put Rebecca into her big girl bed about 2 weeks ago and she loves it! (I know I need to update my blog.) It looks like he sure likes it. These little ones feel like such big kids when they move into their big kid beds. How cute. Enjoy!
Post a Comment