Rolling out the dough to make Christmas cookies
Daddy learning to be very patient with the cookie cutting part. Jackson didn't want any help or instruction....a good experience for both of them if you ask me, that's why mommy stood back and snapped pics. I'm so very thankful of the hands on daddy Travis is :-)
Frosting the cookies
Frosting the cookiesThis Christmas will be forever memorable for us because of several reasons, but the biggest one is that we had a White Christmas in Fort Worth, TX!!! The temps were topping out at 75 degrees on Wed afternoon, enticing Jackson to strip down to his shorts and no shirt while playing in the backyard so he could be a "nudey boy". Then later that night the cold front moved in with rain first, followed by sleet and then snow by noon on Christmas Eve. At first it was just pretty flakes falling and melting but by 4 pm it was becoming quite the hazard for drivers on the roads because it was starting to stick. Before all you yankees up north start laughing, let me break it down for you..... see there's no need for the city to waste money on snow and ice removal equipment here because these rare wintery events happen twice a year, at most. So while it does almost paralyze an entire metroplex and give T-rav one extra bonus vacation day, it would just be a huge financial waste to buy the fleet of equipment needed to keep the entire Dallas/Ft Worth area moving in these 24 hour storms. And trust me, the City of Ft Worth has proven themselves capable of wasting this money on plenty of other things....I digress.
So our plans for Christmas changed moment by moment and we were blessed to be able to just roll with it. We had some good friends, the Harbour's, over for Christmas Eve dinner. Travis and I really liked doing the dinner the night before and decided that we are starting the tradition of having a Christmas Eve dinner and then eating the leftovers on Christmas day, that way mommy gets to enjoy the day too! After the fun of having company, we did our 1-gift-before-bed tradition, which is usually pj's for each of us but since I couldn't/didn't want to find maternity pj's I decided we'd skip that one this year (Booooo, on mommy) and he opened his Cars Movie Book Pillow...What?! It's a book, it's a pillow, it's a book pillow and he loved it!
Patiently waiting for daddy to take him out in the snow on Christmas Eve.....he had his gloves on and was ready to go

Outside on Christmas Eve with daddy playing in the snow....it was FA-REEZING out there!
The regulator.....shooting stuff with is Marshmellow Gun that Grammie got him....He loves that thing


Fast forward 6 hours to 1 am I woke up feeling very nasueas. I tossed and turned most of the night and then finally just got up at 6 am because laying there was making me feel yucky. The snow had stopped sometime during the night and the clouds had cleared out for the most beautiful sunrise I could think of for such a wonderful morning. We had a White Christmas in Texas, y'all!
Our beautiful REAL Christmas Tree on Christmas morn
Well of course this was the ONE morning that Jackson slept till 8 am (he's usually up at 7) and while I was trying to patiently wait with the camera in hand I was feeling more and more sick to my stomach. When the sleeping angel finally emerged from his chamber daddy met him at the hall way, told him good morning and that today was Jesus' Birthday.....well he been told several times the past few weeks that he had to wait till Christmas morning, which was Jesus' Birthday, before he could open the presents. So when daddy told him what day it was the words rang loud and clear in his adorable little head and he made a quick bee dash for the tree. Sitting in front of that tree was a Shake-n-Go Racetrack with Lighting McQueen and Mr The King sitting at the starting line....He LOVED it, so much that we had to constantly redirect him back to opening presents. Being an only child of course he made out like a fat cat, but the part I like is that with another boy on the way, these toys will be twice as nice in a few years :-).
His favorite toy for sure! the Shake-n-Go race track
After presents mommy couldn't control her composure anymore and thus began the non-stop every 2 hour pit stop in the bathroom with the stomach virus. I drank lots of broth all day and tried not to get dehydrated despite the violent vomiting. What a miserable day! I missed out on playing with all the cool new toys, going outside and building Jackson's first snowman and just enjoying our little family on Christmas.
Daddy was nice enough to take pics for me so I could vicariously enjoy the snowman
I love this picture
Course, the next morning I felt completely normal again and was ready to do something to make up for my lost time. Travis and Jackson wanted to get out of the house so we all went to the new Fort Worth Museum of Science and History. Jackson I have gone a few times already but Jackson wanted "take daddy too, take daddy to museum". So cute! He showed daddy all his favorite parts of the museum (which is specifically for children and might I say AWESOME!). Lots of hands on learning and playing, which not only wears him out physically but mentally and I get the best naps out of him when we've been to the museum....so glad we have a membership!
On Sunday we were back at church, which I know that God doesn't dwell within those walls but it sure is nice to go to a building that may be filled with other sinners like me, but we're all in this together, and we come together to worship, praise and learn about our creator as a body of believers. Encouraging one another to be Christ -centered people through God's word......I love encouragement and am so blessed to have the friends that I've made there.
In house news, we've found another one we like.....to make a long story short, it's everything we need but never thought we'd ever want together. It's an older home (built in the early 1950's) which I (Crissy) absolutely LOVE, these houses and neighborhoods have so much character and history with a HUGE park like backyard. Travis found it and fell in love the moment he pulled into the driveway, which completely shocked me, because it's not at all what I THOUGHT would be his taste...go figure! We are putting in an offer tomorrow and if all goes well, we'll be rennovating the kitchen (and maybe the master bed and bath) during January and moved in by February sometime. We're kind of in the perfect place to do this sort of thing right now, what with the rental house and pre-baby, it can't really get much better, so we'll just have to wait and see how things go.....smoothly is what I'm praying for ;-). Oh, it's in Ridglea Hills in case you were wondering.
A few Jacksonese, for my memory sake:
I was talking to Travis in front of Jackson about how I don't want us to just give into him when he's grumpy in the mornings just to keep him from screaming. That he needed to learn that he can be grumpy but the bad behavior was going to be un-acceptable. Jackson listening to this looks at me with a glare on his face, finger pointed and says:
"No, mommy...don't talk about it!"
He likes to tease with his daddy by calling him what mommy call him instead of daddy. Well the other day at the grocery store we had this conversation:
Jackson: "daddy be home at dinner time"
Me: "yep, daddy always comes home"
J with a huge smile on his face: "and daddy tome home I doe 'hey, honey" and daddy doe "no, I'm daddy'"
So funny, he was practicing how he was going to tease daddy that evening.
He's starting to get a concept of time. We made Christmas cookies one night last week together and the next morning Jackson told daddy:
Jackson: "member, daddy? we make tookies wast night?"
If you ask him what his baby brother's name is he'll tell you proudly "baby Jimmy!"
If you ask him what his full name is he'll tell you "Jackson Tinley"
Speaking of baby Jimmy, this child is quite the little kicker, which could only mean he's really healthy and for that I'm so grateful.


No comments:
Post a Comment