Yes, I had to sing that to myself over and over again last night because yet again, I was too afraid to fall asleep because of the things that go bump in the night (aka our fridge). Travis left yesterday afternoon to go hunting and won't be back till late tonight. I was a little comfortable in our old house with him gone, but now that we are in this rental house...well let's just say I'm scared to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night WITH Travis here.
It's funny how God will bring to mind, yes I truly believe it was from the Lord, a Veggie Tales song from one of Jackson's cd's that he likes to dance to while playing. Also, the verse that Jackson is memorizing this week is Joshua 1:9 "Be strong and brave. God is with you wherever you go". I picked that verse because he's been getting stage fright when ever I drop him off for anything here lately. He'll talk it up all the way to the door, saying how excited he is, and then when it's go time he freezes with fear. Well not only has that verse helped him this week, but last night it came ringing in my ears as I was singing the Veggie Tale classic. Looks like this verse memorizing will be just as a beneficial for mommy as it is for Jackson....but when isn't it beneficial to memorize God's word?
Here's some pics as a reward for my ramblings :-)
It was so warm here on Thursday so we ventured over to our old neighborhood to go for a walk in the walking park, which then turned rock throwing in the creek which then turned to creek stomping!
No comments:
Post a Comment