Friday, June 4

More conversations with Jackson:

Daddy tome play witsh me. Tome on! Chop chop!

Can I hold you?
No, mommy I'm not a baby, you tan't hold me, just sit wit me, o Tay? (funny he never wanted to be held when he actually was a baby...too independent)

Calvin is a lot like his big brother but minus the colic (the Lord is merciful!). His legs are really strong and he wants to stand up every chance he can, if he takes his 1st steps by Christmas I won't be completely shocked. He also loves holding his head up and even turning it from side to side while doing so....you can tell he's determined, but in a more quiet way....hmmmm, sounds a lot like his daddy :-)

Jackson love for babies makes me curious sometimes. He's so rough and tough, but yet has this sweet gentle love for things that are smaller and defenseless. He might find the damsel in distress intuitively attractive because he loves being the hero of the day. His favorite episode of Wonder Pets is one of the trio learn about how to take care of a baby. He asked me today "is baby Talvin doe-ing to doe 'goo goo ga ga' when he dets bigger?"....and later when Calvin was crying because he wanted his diaper change pronto, Jackson said to me "sometimes babies don't know why de are trying, mommy". Who says you can't learn from The Wonder Pets, even if they are kind of creepy. :-)

I think we are fully potty trained now. We had 2 accidents yesterday, because friends were over and he hasn't learned to stop all the fun and do his business, but he'll learn, and I'm so proud of myself for keeping my patience this last week. It was only by prayer!

No comments: