Thursday, June 3

Tidbits

I was awoken at 6:15 this am to the sound of a tiny makings of a laugh. Calvin was in his swing, smiling hugely at the fish above his head...it was so cute and so early! He can find things to giggle about 1st thing in the am. I'm a morning person and I don't even think I have that ability.

Jackson loves to read books in his room at night after we turn out the lights...it's a stall tactic really. But ever since he's discovered that he can "read" (basically he's memorized his favorite books like Go Dog, Go by heart and can go along with each page like he's reading it. He reads it daily to his baby brother before nap time....he's the best big brother I know!) so at night he will bring his Zondervan Children's Bible into his tent, turn the pages till he finds his favorite story of David and Goliath then will "read" along with the pictures the story over and over. It's the sweetest sound coming from his room at night. When he and daddy read it often they will act it out, which I love that Travis brings the stories in the Bible to life for Jackson.

Jackson hears mommy and daddy call each other "honey" a lot and since he's no dummy he's figured out how to step up the call if he needs to get our attention. When walking thru the house trying to daddy he'll first call out "daddy", but if he doesn't get a response he'll go to "honey" and then the 3rd time will be "Twavis" (he can't say his "r" yet). It's the same go around for mommy too...it's kinda cute how he says my name, "twissy". He calls Calvin, "Talvin"

Calvin will smile and watch Jackson bounce all around the room. I love how they already play together. When I'm trying to feed Calvin and Jackson comes in the room talking, Calvin already stops and tries to whip his head around to see his big brother. I know they will end up beating on each other some day soon, but for now it sure it nice to see how they love one another.

Calvin already wants to stand up and can do so for about 20 sec and has almost mastered holding up his head. It's almost like he's showing off for me when he does it....I can see determination in his eyes....oh no, could it be another determined male in the Kinley house? He is 8 weeks old today (can you believe it?!)

Jackson is getting awesome at swimming, course we keep a life jacket on him for this summer because I can't stay right with him all the time. We plan on doing swim lessons next summer so he can use the skills he learned with out a life jacket and mommy won't be so tied down with a newborn. The schedule that I'm trying/forced (I hate schedules, but both of these boys do much better when they are on one) includes getting some energy out of JT and mommy getting some exercise in, so we go for a swim in the am during one of Calvin's naps. I'm hoping Jackson will have the front stroke down before the end of summer.


No comments: