Tuesday, October 26

October? What October?

I only a have few things to post and then I'll let the pictures do the talking...those are usually so much better than my ramblings anyway.

Calvin had his 6 month check up way back at the beginning of the month....too many shots if you ask me, which were too numerous to count, but as a good friend of mine kindly pointed out "meningitis will just say, 'oh your not 5 yet? ok, I'll come back when your older and can fight me off a little better'". GUILT, mommy guilt is why I let those nurses stab my baby over and over with those needles.

So at his check up the Dr said he has very strong legs and you could tell that he was very interested in being up and running around with big brother....I'm undecided if I want to let him be a early walker. That's right, I said "let" cause mama can keep him down if she wants to..ha! ha! So the big stats were: He weighed 17lbs 3 oz and was 27.5" long.
We also had Jackson's 3 yr old check up and he weighed 33 lbs and is 3 ft tall. Did y'all know he turned 3 on the 3rd this year too....I thought it was odd that he was all 3's for his 3 year check up.


This picture is over a month old, but don't they look cute in their matching outfits. Jackson loves trying to hold Calvin, and as you can see Calvin LOVES his big brother.


My friend Kari made this shirts for the boys....so cute!


For daddy's birthday we made him some cupcakes and a cake. The "red" frosting didn't turn out so red, but daddy was still proud of Jackson and his cake making skills.

Ahhhh, His mercies are new every morning

He has the biggest grin and he squeals like a girl when he laughs.


Opening the 1st of many bday presents. His 3rd birthday was like Hanukkah.


This card plays a song from the movie. Jackson LOVED it and was a little surprised when we first opened it.


Playing with his new kabob grill set from Grammie and Papa. Calvin sitting on Grammie's lap, just hanging out


Wrestling....that's what Jackson loves to do. He's so gentle with Calvin, though, and I'm so proud of him and what a great big brother he is


Uh, oh! looks like Calvin his getting a few jabs in already. This pic is hilarious!


At the zoo checking out the new reptile exhibit. Check out that gator


Calvin's first ride on the carousel at the zoo with his Great Aunt Leta (Travis's Aunt came for a visit with Gramie back in September)


This face is so funny. Riding with Gramie on the carousel


Proof that yes he does sleep in his crib...well not all the time, but we'll get there.


see, no need to break the swing habit, he did it all by himself....stinker. Look at that little smile, he has no fear!


My little work-a-holic. Loves helping daddy or mommy do anything work related. I paid him a nickel for every window that he helped me with, which kind of back fired because he was throwing a fit to wash all the windows outside so he could earn more money and Mommy only wanted to clean the sunroom windows.


I could just eat him!


Boppo and Meme came for a visit too in October.


Love dressing them the same....Here's Meme with the boys in their matching PJ's


Swimming with Meme


Sleeping through Jackson's 3rd bday party


We had a few friends with their daddy's campout with Jackson and Travis in the backyard. It was FUN FUN FUN and going to be a yearly event for sure!


The buddies and their daddies. We got the friends some hats with lights to clip on them so they could see in the dark. It was more of a homing device so the dad's could take a head count, but they didn't know that.


Jackson wanted a pumpkin pie instead of a cake....mmm, Costco pumpkin pie is mommy's fav!


I was so proud of Jackson for letting his friend help him open his presents. He even suggested it on his own after Benjamin's mommy tried holding him back. I have the cutest video of it, but since I have no patience uploading video, ya'll unfortunately won't ever get to see it :-(


The dad's after the smore's debacle


The Meador's hanging by the fire, while their tent in the back was being invaded by Jackson and Benjamin.

Picking out their favorites from the homemade chex mix Miss Brenda made.


We got some heavy rain last weekend and Jackson wanted to go play in it. Getting suited up with daddy's help. Within in 5 mins T-rav was out there with him, I think he thought it looked fun too






This one is a keeper!


Later after getting dried off, we did the pumpkin carving


Not wanting his picture taken with the pumpkin


Watching a football game over at Miss Georgie's house. He was amazed by the big screen tv


Jackson playing with Austin....they played so well together that afternoon that we only had to go check on them once in a great while. It. Was. Fantastic


Calvin crawling backwards for everyone to see


The greatest ever babysitter that came to watch Austin while his mommy and daddy went to the game. Our boys loved her too, till we had to go home :-(


Trying out brother's "car"


Mr Intenso....he was beating the side of this with such a serious face....not sure if it made him mad or what?


I've decided that my cookbook shelf was not a great idea after all....at least not during the next year or so


After I told him "Calvin, no sir" He turns and looks at me with this "what's your problem, mom?" smirk. Good think he's so cute!


Awwwww

That's all folks!

No comments: