I was tired and didn't really put a lot of things about Jackson's bday party that were really funny.
Jackson has a little friend named Olivia, that is exactly 1 month younger than him. She is super cute, a little un-coordinated but loves to wrestle and can actually take Jackson down most times, but most importantly she just loves Jackson. We had to invite her to the party because her mama bribes her to go to sleep on school nights with the promise of getting to see "JT" at school the next morning....how adorable is that? So anyway, since she's a girl she was only allowed to stay for the food and pie part of the party, "no overnights with little girls even at this age", says daddy....no exceptions! ha! ha! So since Jackson is 3 and could care less about girls, it was no skin of his back that Olivia didn't stay, but when she was leaving she wanted to give JT a hug goodbye. Course being a girl myself, I could understand wanting to just get a little squeeze from the handsome blue-eyed Kinley guy in my life, so I told Jackson (while he was outside setting up his tent with daddy) to please give Olivia a hug goodbye. He stood there for a second staring at her, and then very politely said, "I can't give her a hug cause I'm a man and man's don't hug girls." She was so sad and I felt so sorry for her.....little toot! I should mention though, that the next day when he was playing with the super cool toy that she got him (it requires you to build it before you drive it....perfect for a "man") he said to me "I like Olivia for getting me this cool toy, mommy". Reminds me of when I stepped up a notch in T-rav's book for buying him a gun for our anniversary one year.
Sweet Olivia
Olivia chasing after JT all night long. Notice how he's keeping up with his Bro and ditching the cutie.....T-rav says that will change in about 10 years
Jackson denying Olivia her embrace. You can see Michael on the right with a huge smile on his face as he listens to Jackson's explanation. As a dad of 2 boys he can relate, I guess.
There was also a delay in getting to sing Happy Birthday to Jackson because T-rav needed more firewood and decided to cut up a few large tree branches that we had piled up. So how do you do it to impress 4 pre-school boys? Well you do it shiney-white-trash style. Get the 4-wheeler lights blasting on high on the pile, get your chain saw fired up and get the little guys stand back in awe as you let the power tools do the rest. I wasn't over there to see their faces, but T-rav said they were stoked and that "they showed up here as 3 and 4 year olds, but when home as men." Nice, real nice honey.
No comments:
Post a Comment