Wednesday, June 22

Man's work

I think everyone thinks they have the best daddy as their husband or even their own daddy. I personally think that too, but I don't want to ever down play all the other great daddy's out there.

That being said, we have the best daddy for our little family! T-rav is so gentle, patient, fun-loving and just plain silly with our 2 little guys. J talks about how when he grows up and becomes a daddy his name will be Travis. His daddy is his hero!

T-rav built the boys a picnic table so they could enjoy eating in the great outdoors more and mommy could enjoy just hosing off the back porch for clean up.......perfect! J helped daddy through-out the process and kept referring it to his "man's work"....


J cleaning up the scrap pieces and C sweeping in the background



J so excited that I came out to photograph him using the electric sander.

It was sooo hot out that day......T-rav looks miserable, but he never likes to leave anything un-finished. I remember being able to be like that.....about 4 1/2 years ago


watching brother with intent....while holding his watermelon. He had just gotten up from his nap and his sleeve was un-buttoned. The boy is usually starving right when he gets up so it's best not to get distracted from getting him food otherwise it's meltdown city....this includes messing with his attire ;-)


J multi-tasking. He's not one to stop the fun to eat, so notice how he is still sanding but reaches out for brother's watermelon to get himself a quick bite


J is the ONLY one C will share his food with......I'm glad because C is a food pirate these days. Poor J better eat it quick cause C will nab it fast.


Daddy teaching J how to blow the dust off of the table with the air-compressor to get it ready to paint

He really is great help

helping daddy paint it "blanco" (T-rav is trying hard to remember his spanish skills by teaching J as much as he can remember....maybe colors are all he can remember at this point...lol!). I was shocked when they came home from the Home D with that color, I really thought he would pick his favorite color, red.


I love this picture because you can see C's little feet dangling down......almost can touch


Sharing some strawberries......my cup is full of joy with these 2!!


3 comments:

Aubrey said...

Oh my gosh, they are adorable. You have such a great ability to capture your sweet life. You make me want to live in Austin. Miss you friend!!

angie said...

They are growing up so fast!! You do have a great little family! Love to all of you :-)

angelica said...

What a sweet family! Your boys are so sweet!