Um, I think I need to admit/point out something about my previous post. I started off with "etiquette goals" that I was going to try hard to do myself and then it was brought very kindly to my attention that #4 and #5 are more of a rant because they had nothing to do with me and more to do with things that recently ticked me off. #5 especially because as ya'll know well, I'm not on that social network anymore. I told this very handsome, wise, giving and loving man who showed me....Touche! :-)
I'm still going to leave them on there as I was being slightly sarcastic and I like to entertain that side of me from time to time.
So as I said before, I don't dislike people who love their i-rene's more than human contact. I see how ya are, and while I won't fb ya, I'll just text, call or email you my wit while you sit across the table from me.
A Different Kind of Love Story….
5 months ago
2 comments:
Personally I agree with all your points and me and my hubby have had many conversations on this subject. Love you fb saying "keeping you connected to everyone and anyone so you can become disconnected from those sitting right next to you" so fitting of how we allow things to become idols in our lives and to not be connect to the people and community right before your eyes!
Love you post by the way!! Always a good read :) Hope A-town is being kind to you all!
Girl, you're a woman after my heart. You know those types of peeps who just get you? They speak your language? YOU are that for me. Why the heck our friendship has to be two states away?? I'll never know. But like you said, we can look forward to Heaven. I seriously am refreshed that you post your honest thoughts and opinions about smart phones and FB (I continue to see the benefit of NOT being on there, and knowing that you're not either makes it easier).
We must remember though, one real benefit to having a smart phone is for all those crucial facts you must know before dinner is over with your close friends. What a relief when you can settle it once and for all that Jennifer Aniston really is 42.
Post a Comment