Thursday, November 10

The glory road

I want to make it clear that my last post was a bit too "glorified". I shared a story that ended with a sense of a rose parade and made me look like a woman of great valor. True it was a sad place I got myself too, but I painted it as though this would be an ending that I would always experience.

Sadly, no. I remember this one the best because it was a time that God dealt with me graciously BEFORE I obeyed Him. I just got to see the joyful outcome by being obedient and because He allowed these people in their hearts to have mercy on me.

A good question to think of, when people ask me to forgive them no matter the offense, do I offer the same mercy as I was given?

The answer: Sometimes. Maybe. No, not often, if it's my husband

I think I offer a fake forgiveness, but tend to not wipe the slate clean, waiting to pounce back on my ivory tower when he may fall short again.

What, Travis fall short? Um, if I remember right, he's only human. Is there a human on this earth that has attained the ever lusted after "perfectionism." Some may think so in their own eyes, but if you usually ask the person who lives with them, you will get quite a different story.

The way to fix this sin in my heart......PRAYER!

To ask God to give me His eyes to see T-rav, to help me fall in love with him over and over again, and to ask for discernment and insight on how to be a wife that doesn't make him stumble. T-rav may not show kindness in during an argument, but it's a whole heck of a lot easier to be unkind to someone that is pushing your buttons, than it is to be unkind to someone who is completely genuine and sensitive to the needs that he has. Since I too am only human, the only way that I could come close to being that person is to employ the help of the One who made the both of us.

Through, you guessed it, Prayer!

I'm praying this verse for my mouth
"A gentle answer deflects anger, but harsh words make tempers flare." Proverbs 15:1

1 comment:

meredith and justin said...

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! We are truly in awe of the way God worked things out. He never ceases to amaze me! I miss you guys!