Friday, July 6

Spectacular lights, big bang and a kick!

I am sure like all of you, we went and watched some local fireworks on Wed evening with some friends. Although the fireworks were great the music was something a little less desirable. I guess you don't know how good you've got it until it's not there anymore. Travis and I always considered Casper, WY's fireworks show to be "OK". We went to a local PGA Tournament golf club called "The Colonial" to watch their show and I do have to say that the actual fireworks were great, but the so-called choreographed music was terrible. They played songs that didn't even have anything to do with a 4th of July. Maybe we are just used to the same songs played up north, or down in the south they consider Tom T Hall a patriot, either way it just didn't seem like we were celebrating our great nation. It felt more like a confederate reunion.

Our little boy's 1st 4th of July was full of exercise. Wow, what a kicker! When there was a loud bang, it was always sure to be followed by a strong kick. I've read that if they are around loud noises in the womb, like a dog barking, cars honking, then they will less likely be started by the noise after they are born.

We actually have some fun plans for this weekend, well tonight anyways. We are going to the races....horse races that is. Some friends of ours from L
Louisiana have an uncle that works for Lone Star Park as the veterinarian...what does this mean? We will have awesome seats for free!! Travis has been before, but it was in Houston when he was there for a class a few months ago. Although I am not a gambler and I looking forward to picking a winner!

Have a good weekend!


4th of July fireworks!


Our Palette on the tee box of the 1st hole

1 comment:

Moody Family said...

That is so cool. Thanks for reminding that wonderful part of pregnancy. Only the bad stuff really sticks out in my mind. You will have to let us know ho the races go. It sounds like a lot of fun, but we haven't ever heared what it is like first hand. To top it off you get amamzing seats. YIPPY!!!!! That rocks. Have fun. You look really good too. Hope Jacks loves the race too. Talk to you soon.............