I wonder though....does God allow sickness in your life to keep you occupied so that you can't allow yourself to be consumed with other things. Let me explain....see I am like a 3rd grader. I am so scared of the dark, so when Travis goes out of town not only are there lights left on in every room all night long, but I don't sleep very well because I'm scared. I know I know, I honestly pray about it non-stop all night long, especially when weird thoughts starting running through my mind (I won't even share them, because you will think I'm crazy, which I am :-) ), but this time around I don't think I even thought about being scared once. I was too busy bathing JT and I 3 times during the night because he had vomited on both of us, or doing load after load of laundry trying to keep the stench of vomit out of the house, and scrubbing the carpet (I got wise after the 1st time, I covered JT's floor with blankets...a lot easier to throw in the washer, than scrub out of carpet). So honestly, although I was very upset with God for allowing us to be so sick with Travis being gone, I do think he allowed the timing of it so that I wouldn't be scared. He knows my heart and He knows that although I ask for peace I don't always believe that He will give it to me....how ridiculous am I? Ask and it shall be given to you, Seek and you will find, Knock and the door will be opened...duh!!
Be careful what you pray for, I sure will be the next time Travis leaves town :-).
Here's a video that's about a month old, but oh so cute!!!
1 comment:
Glad to hear you and you little man are better. Just goes to show that we are given gifts and much of the time it would be difficult to recognize them. Hopefully next time Travis is out of town the dark won't be frightening and there won't be any sickness....
Post a Comment