Monday, October 27

Why Obama?

I'm just curious for those who are voting Obama, if you could give me some of your reasons. Curiosity is so overwhelming for me sometimes. Please post a comment, I would love to hear them.

Now for my opinion, because it's my blog ;-)...There are a number of reasons why I don't want Obama to be President, but I will just give you a few...:

1) bornalivetruth.org - You'll get all the details at that site. Abortion is a HUGE issue for me and while John McCain doesn't come up with any exciting alternatives to Abortion such as education about the truth of abortion procedures as well as Post Abortion Syndrome, I am in favor of his VP running mate Sarah Palin. She is very pro-life and her life shows it. She has a son with Down Syndrome (which sadly 90% are aborted) and a pregnant teen daughter (and don't even start with Bristol, we ALL have sinned and fallen short. "he who is without sin be the first to throw the first stone"). Life has value in Sarah's eyes.

2) I've done some non-biased, fact based reading on both candidates "tax-cuts" and while neither look all that promising, Obama's do lend the idea that he's more of a socialist....I'm not a fan of that. Travis and I have worked very hard. We didn't get the "all American College years" instead we both worked very hard and long hours to get to where we are today. "give a guy a fish to eat today or a fishing pole and show him how to catch his own forever"

3) This last one really doesn't matter, but it bothers me anyway. In an interview Obama said that he had already campaign in 57 states....I'm not even going to go any further on that one.

These are just a FEW reasons why I don't want to see Obama in the White House.

Basically, what it comes down to is that God is in control, no matter who is in the White House. I would hope that everyone going to the polls has done there homework and are voting on the issues that matter most to them (sadly, some don't know what matters, they just go with the crowd). Voting is a huge privilege that we all should exercise, but most of all GOD IS IN CONTROL!!

Now to be honest with ya'll and open myself up for criticism...I'm not registered to vote...uh, oh. I don't know what happened when I got my TX drivers license but somehow I slipped through the cracks and to make matters worse I found this out a week before the voter registrations were due, but since we were leaving town and JT & I were fighting the stomach flu I never got around to mailing in my registration. So while I know why I don't want Obama in the White House, unfortunately I don't get to say so on November 4. How sad! :-(

3 comments:

Chris Freeland said...

Fortunately, at least as far as the presidential election your vote doesn't matter so much in Texas.

Local elections, however, are the ones that will likely impact your day-to-day life on a greater level.

I won't speak for myself, but will say, "Lots of my friends who are voting for Obama" are doing so because they feel as though the democratic party does a better job in the area of "social justice." And because they hate W.

Chris Freeland said...

Here's an interesting post by Donald Miller (of "Blue Like Jazz") fame. He's campaigning for Obama throughout Ohio and talks about the abortion and gay marriage thing.

http://www.leadingsmart.com/leadingsmart/2008/10/donald-miller-o.html

See if that makes you go crazy...

Robin said...

Those are just a few of the many reason I agree with you that Obama needs to stay OUT of the White House! It's really scary to think about.. That's too bad about the registration! Consider my vote, your vote too :)