Yesterday we had 2 accidents in the am, but the rest of the day we were successful. The failures are what teach them and I'm glad that it only took 2 for Jackson to catch on. The most tricky part of it is that I have to stay with him all day so that I can catch him in the act. It was a little hard yesterday, but today I loosened up the strings a little because it was clear that he had caught on. We didn't have any accidents today and I'm so proud of him! The only problem that mommy is having is that he can obviously hold if for a long time because he'll stand there with the "I gotta go peepee jig" going on but won't say "mommy I need to go peepee" even after I have repeatedly said "hey, buddy remember to keep your boxers dry and tell mommy if you have to go peepee ok?". It's good to know he can hold it tho, because we are getting on a airplane in 2 weeks and I'm a little nervous to take a newly potty trained toddler on a plane. Daddy will be with us, so I guess it won't be so bad.
Thanks for all your prayers. Jackson still had to pray every time he got on the potty till this afternoon, but it warmed my heart to hear him say "pray with me mommy". I'm hoping that he'll instantly turn to the Lord when he's scared and not just have the urge to have a bowel movement each time he prays. :-). Sorry I had to say it, I'm a smartelic by nature....it's how the Good Lord knit me together in my mama's womb
No comments:
Post a Comment